Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

What was your Dh's take on the birth?

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Replies (31-39):
chiarore
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Mine is in the army and missed my natural birth - and since I was under general anesthesia for the c-sec, he missed that one too!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Quoting Mitzi31:

DH was great! He spent a lot of time messaging me. Looking forward to the next! :-)

Messaging (as in "texting" you on the phone?!) or Massaging (as in rubbing your back and hips?!)

LOL!  :)

peaches_04
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:18 AM
More of a burden then help with first. Amazing with the second one
catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:55 AM

My husband is so loving, supportive, and helpful with my labors/deliveries! 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

Mitzi31
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:23 AM

LOL! I meant massaging! HAHA!! Guess I should have read that before I hit post!. No messaging was going on until after dd was born! hehe.

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Quoting Mitzi31:

DH was great! He spent a lot of time messaging me. Looking forward to the next! :-)

Messaging (as in "texting" you on the phone?!) or Massaging (as in rubbing your back and hips?!)

LOL!  :)

piwife
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:29 AM
He is there for support. But he thinks is the most disgusting thing ever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:17 AM

lol well at my first homebirth he hid my car keys after i started telling evryone that i was going to drive myself to the f%*&ing hospital for an epidural and kept my midwife from listening to me about transfering.  even when i started throwing stuff at him he didnt budge.  which is EXACTLY what i told him to do if i decided i had "changed my mind".  i am very thankful that he was there to support me at my lowest point.

with the second i was much more in control, didnt dissociate and he pretty much just did plumbing stuff, filled the tub and we all hung out and had fun together.  much more relaxed the second time around :)

907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:00 PM
My DH was pretty useless lol.. He is a good dad though.
BlessedMammaof2
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:21 PM
My DH was overwhelmed with Joy. :) Other than the times he slept while I was in labor he was very supportive. I think it helped that my mom was there giving him some direction too. He might have otherwise paced aimlessly. We are planning our first homebirth with our second due in May and I'm excited to see how things go. My mom should feel at home having had 4 HB herself. DH is already excited. I think seeing how our hospital birth ended which wasn't horrible but not great either has helped him understand more why I want a homebirth.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)