Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

I apologize I haven't been active in this group for some time...

I was asked to share my recent birth story and I'm just getting around to it. lol

(Things have been hectic with a 4 year old, 19 month old and the newborn.)

As it has gone for all my pregnancies I had pre-labor for weeks. What set this pregnancy apart (my 3rd) was the fact my pre-labor was accompanied with bloody show (for well over two weeks). 

At 39 weeks & After having contractions 3-4 minutes apart (TMI and crapping my brains out) for five hours... labor just stopped. So we decided at my next appointment to check dilation. I was about 2 1/2cm and 60% effaced. The water bag was bulging and my midwife was hopeful that I could rupture it by dancing, bouncing or having sex. 

I did all the above and would get strong/painful contractions but they would end after so long. One day from my EDD we came to the conclusion that the bulging sac was preventing dilation. 

I had a very small glass of wine to relax me (suggested by my midwife and it's the first time I've ever had a drink while pregnant ah!) Contractions started and we decided to rupture the sac. 

I put a pad on and sat on my exercise ball and gently rotated my hips threw the contractions. I got a strong contraction and my water started flooding everywhere! lol I ran to the kitchen and put a depend on! 

Contractions got harder and went to my room where I leaned on my bed and rocked on my ball threw the contractions.

Everyone was rushing to get the birthing tub ready. Shortly after getting in the tub transition started. My husband got in the tub with me and everything got very intense. 

I was calm and this being my second home-water-birth... I felt strong and assured. Truly at peace with my body and my God strengthening me in this natural process. 

I pulled on a towel with each contraction, stretching it with all my strength. I hummed threw each powerful wave of pain. I felt my body urging me to push but I just didn't feel ready. As my body nudged me to bare down I resisted... I didn't want him to come "too fast".

Eventually I could no longer resist and his head was out in two contractions. I took a deep breath and with one long push I reached down and lifted my baby to my chest.

He was 8.9 pounds & 22inches

The most painful part? Birthing the placenta!

I've had one horror hospital birth and now two beautiful home-births! :-)

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Replies (11-18):
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Congratulations!
One-n-Counting
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

Thanks for sharing your story! Congratulations!

What a thick and healthy placenta! Love the pics :)

Thank you! :-)

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

awesome I cant wait to share my own story

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats!

Brandy85412
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

That is awesome! Thanks for sharing!

catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations.. and thanks for sharing! 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

peaches_04
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:58 AM
Congratulations!
Thanks for sharing
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:06 AM
Im sure it wont bother most in this group but You might wanna put a warning in the title bc im sure some one will be upset over the placenta photo.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)