Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

This is probably a weird question ~update

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:39 PM
  • 16 Replies

I often see people asking what things can help them prepare their body for labor or even help get labor started. 

I want to know if there are things to slow the body down and help avoid labor from happening earlier than you want.

I have gone into labor earlier and earlier each pregnancy. Last time, I was only 36w 0d.  I want to make it to at least 38 weeks and 40 would be ideal.

If I go into labor before 36 weeks, I won't be able to have my homebirth.  :(

~update

Well, the baby dropped significantly this past 24 hours. I hardly look pregnant anymore.  I have delivered at 39w, 38w, 37w, and 36w.  Now, I am at 34 weeks with a baby getting into position. I hope it means nothing and he just hangs out like that for awhile.  With my history, I am worried.

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlelambe2
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:51 PM

My first thought would be adequate nutrition and adequate rest. 

larissalarie
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:21 PM
I would think making certain you are really in good physical condition. Pregnancy is like an extreme fitness test for the body and being in good shape before and during seems to help, IMO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:23 PM

That would explain why my pregnancies have been shorter and shorter each time.  :)  I am in better shape now than I was with the last couple, so that should put me back up closer to 38-39 weeks instead of 36.

Quoting larissalarie:

I would think making certain you are really in good physical condition. Pregnancy is like an extreme fitness test for the body and being in good shape before and during seems to help, IMO

MrsKish
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:35 PM

:waves: i haven't seen you on here in a while...

Quoting TrouserMouse:

That would explain why my pregnancies have been shorter and shorter each time.  :)  I am in better shape now than I was with the last couple, so that should put me back up closer to 38-39 weeks instead of 36.

Quoting larissalarie:

larissalarie
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Hopefully so!! I'm wishing you a nice 41 weeks!

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FrumpyMama
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Make sure you are taking in lots of proteins (healthy ones) and getting a nice long walk (waddle) in every day. 

jconney80
by Group Mod on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:27 AM
I agree about being in good shape and eating healthy! Lots of proteins and dark, leafy greens
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:01 AM

for me I had to be really careful about what i lifted and be on pelvic rest after 32 weeks. that means no sex and nothing else that might give a pounding the cervix. lol

lifeforchrist
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:46 PM

lots of vitamin d!!! calcium and magnesium daily, and taking a good probitiotic. good prenatal vitamin as well

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)