Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is probably a weird question ~update

Posted by   + Show Post

I often see people asking what things can help them prepare their body for labor or even help get labor started. 

I want to know if there are things to slow the body down and help avoid labor from happening earlier than you want.

I have gone into labor earlier and earlier each pregnancy. Last time, I was only 36w 0d.  I want to make it to at least 38 weeks and 40 would be ideal.

If I go into labor before 36 weeks, I won't be able to have my homebirth.  :(

~update

Well, the baby dropped significantly this past 24 hours. I hardly look pregnant anymore.  I have delivered at 39w, 38w, 37w, and 36w.  Now, I am at 34 weeks with a baby getting into position. I hope it means nothing and he just hangs out like that for awhile.  With my history, I am worried.

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Replies (11-16):
TrouserMouse
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Thanks for that information.  That is actually very helpful to me.  I run low on Vitamin D because I have had gastric bypass.  My last Vitamin D test was around 23. That is an inufficiency, but not considered a deficiency.  I was borderline deficient pretty much.  I may increase my supplementation here right at the end and hope it helps.

Quoting lifeforchrist:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/05/11/the-hidden-link-to-blackwhite-disparities-in-bad-birth-outcomes.aspx

lifeforchrist
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Awesome! I hope it works for you! Let me know. My first was 39wks, my second was 38wks, and I have this fear it will keep getting earlier. I want to be able to go the full 40!

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Thanks for that information.  That is actually very helpful to me.  I run low on Vitamin D because I have had gastric bypass.  My last Vitamin D test was around 23. That is an inufficiency, but not considered a deficiency.  I was borderline deficient pretty much.  I may increase my supplementation here right at the end and hope it helps.

Quoting lifeforchrist:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/05/11/the-hidden-link-to-blackwhite-disparities-in-bad-birth-outcomes.aspx

louzannalady
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:00 PM

I always ask this, first and foremost when discussing EDD's. How sure are you on your dates? 

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:16 PM

I have heard calcium and magnesium helps

TrouserMouse
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:45 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)