Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

what do you think

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:01 PM
  • 11 Replies
A co worker has her baby shower on the 26th. Her mom just passed away and her family isnt really consentrating on her right now. She needs like everything still. We dont have hardly any money right now (my new job doesnt start till Feb 11th) . So i want to get her something really useful. When i asked her what would she really like she listed everything... What would you suggest???
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bloomsr
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Not clothes or blankets- there are tons of those on Craigslist, etc she can buy for herself on the cheap.

Maybe go in with other coworkers to buy a big ticket item like car seat or a crib. My favorite new baby item is definitely the vibrating bouncy seat.

Is she super "crunchy"?
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Quoting bloomsr:

Not clothes or blankets- there are tons of those on Craigslist, etc she can buy for herself on the cheap.

Maybe go in with other coworkers to buy a big ticket item like car seat or a crib. My favorite new baby item is definitely the vibrating bouncy seat.

Is she super "crunchy"?

a big ticket item is what i was thinking also but i could only find one other person. We decided it was too expensive then and both opted out. I wouldnt say shes to crunchy. She wants to do things like make her own baby food and breastfeed but she always adds "if it works out".
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:24 AM
1 mom liked this
One of the big must haves, you can find decent priced car seats, and if you get a rewards card at bru they send 20% off one item coupons pretty regularly, you could use it on a car seat.
Or look on CL or a local used kids shop for a good breast pump. I always look for a used carrier for a gift. Or even just help stock up on whatever diapers she wants. I'd just stick with a necessity as opposed to something that's handy but could be done without (like a crib, wink).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlelambe2
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:49 AM
1 mom liked this

You can't go wrong with diapers

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:34 AM
So ive been thinking that i would look at craigslist and see if i could get some bigger ticket items for cheap. They wouldnt be the exact same as on her registry but hopefully she would still appreciate the hifts.
Julia.C
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Man that is awful.  I'd say load her up on some onesies, gowns, diapers and wipes.  Thats all anyone really needs for the first little bit.  

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Though its kinda impersonal a giftcard to whereever she registered so she can decide what she thinks is the most important thing.

I had a friend give me a HUGE basket full of gently used blankets and clothes with my first, I was not insulted at all because it was 3 times what anyone else gave me and the clothes and blankets still looked wonderful.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Thanks, i appreciate the suggestions.
Mrs.Salz
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:36 AM

It's not recommended to use used breast pumps.

Honestly I'd wait until after her baby shower, or give her a gift card to wherever she's registered. Chances are she'll get a lot of diapers, clothes, blankets, etc. at her shower so she might appreciate money toward a carseat or other "big" item.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Thanks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN