Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Due dates

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:48 AM
  • 12 Replies

I have to say I hate due dates. I especially hate when drs say you cant deliver before a certain time.

If my LMP was April 29th, 2012. I am sure that what I had on May 23rd was implantation bleeding, spotting, cramping no longer than 12 hours, very little blood. And I got a BFP on June 10th. I figure my due date is enough earlier than the drs do, Feb 22 on early US) that If I go into labor now I probably am ok.

What are your thoughts? 

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Julia.C
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:36 AM

I have the same issue.  I could tell you the day I thought I conceived and I am currently a gigantic wildabeast - I literally thought I was a month more pregnant than the doctors say.  It sounds like you have a good grasp on your body so I wouldn't worry too much.  

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:13 AM

It will be very obvious if baby is ahead on an US do you plan to have one or have you already? 

Mrs.Salz
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Did you test before June 10?  17 days between implantation and the first bfp is a long time.

How long and consistent are your cycles normally? Do you know when you ovulated?

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:46 AM
That's a pretty big gap between implantation bleeding and BFP. Did you test earlier than the 10th and get a negative? Or did you just wait?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Did u have an early ultrasound?
Emschick38
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:21 AM
I tested on the 26th but not again til the 10th. Dudnt have money for one until then.
My periods have been normal atevery 30 days and i had been ovulating at around day 20 of the cycle.

What do you ladies base your guess date on?

Quoting MaryJarrett:

That's a pretty big gap between implantation bleeding and BFP. Did you test earlier than the 10th and get a negative? Or did you just wait?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:34 PM
3-4 says after implantation you can usually get a faint BFP.

I don't really do a due date, I do a due month. Serenity was Sept, Caidence was April. I do it that way because lmp, ultrasounds, etc cannot all be a little off. Baby will come when baby is ready. Girl, I'm all over the dollar store pregnancy tests! Lol

It seems like the earlier the US the closer it is to being right, like I had an ultrasound at 3 wks with Serenity. Placed my due date according to it at Sept 18. My LMP according to my birth control placed it at Sept 21. I say according to my birth control because I was on seasonale, which allows you skip 3 periods, then have one. I skipped 3 and never had one. Lol

I wouldn't push to have it changed because if you think you'll go earlier, but don't you have a cushion to where they'll "let" you wait longer without bugging you about induction.

Quoting Emschick38:

I tested on the 26th but not again til the 10th. Dudnt have money for one until then.

My periods have been normal atevery 30 days and i had been ovulating at around day 20 of the cycle.

What do you ladies base your guess date on?

Quoting MaryJarrett:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:52 PM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't worry about it one way or the other. You'll go into labor when your baby is ready no matter what date they give you. And if it's true labor, they can't do anything to stop it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:03 PM

This

Quoting larissalarie:

I wouldn't worry about it one way or the other. You'll go into labor when your baby is ready no matter what date they give you. And if it's true labor, they can't do anything to stop it.

rachelrothchild
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:33 PM

I'd say mine was similar.  My "due date" is February 15th.  I had implantation on May 31st and didn't get my positive until June 17th.  I took a test 8 days before that, and it was negative.  Everyone is different.  I had my first at 37 weeks and am expecting this one earlier too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)