Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Bubble bath??

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:35 PM
  • 6 Replies
Like most kids, my children love bubble baths. for me, however, The idea of letting my young children soak in a chemical cocktail while carelessly playing with toys and splashing around is disturbing.

What do you use as a natural, chemical free bubble bath? Do you think we could use a natural dish soap in the tub? Do you have a bubble bath recepie that you use?
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Lush cosmetics is awesome, they carry the least evil products I've ever seen. They have bath bombs (which are awesome) and bubble bath balls. They are crazy expensive though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids have plenty of fun in the bath with the water & toys minus the bubbles. It's definitely not a necessity to an enjoyable bath experience :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Julia.C
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:16 PM

we use Seventh Generation Lavendar dish soap --- its cheaper and a little goes a long way.  just hafta watch the eyes :)

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Most of the homemade and more natural stuff won't give you the amount of bubbles that people typically expect. The reason why is the surfactants but they aren't so good for you or the environment. I think Crunchy betty has a blog post on it. Let me find it. 

http://www.crunchybetty.com/sorry-to-burst-your-homemade-bubble-bath

I've found my girls like "special" salt baths with essential oils more than they like bubble baths. We make these little bath eggs with epsom salt. In fact, I just made some. 2 cups espom salt, 2-3 tablespoons water, just enough to shape the salts, coloring if you wish (juices are great for coloring), a few drops of a EO that you like. I mash mine into left over easter eggs, let dry for 3 days, then use in a bath. They also like to have the lights dimmed, and candles lit. Little divas. lmao! 

BlessedToBeMe
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:18 PM

my youngest got some burt's bees bubble bath for Christmas

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:43 PM

We have never used bubble bath

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)