Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Anyone done a VBAC after 2 c-sections?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello there,

My first two babies were born via c-section (the first one was a preemie emergency c-section, and the second was a preemie c-section as a precaution), but my obgyn is willing to let me try a vbac the third time, provided I go into labour on my own and there are no earlier complications.

Does anybody have any experience to share?  I understand that there is a 5% risk of uterine rupture.

Thanks!

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Replies (21-23):
Bridget487
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Thanks.  I am due May 16.  The doctor still wants the baby out early, but he says that if I go into labor on my own before the 37 week mark, he will let me try a vaginal delivery.  Therefore, I am going to begin acupuncture to bring on labor just after the 36 week mark.  I am truly desperate to avoid another c-section.

Has anyone done this?

tyrelsmom
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:26 AM
I had my first 2 by c-section. I have had 2 natural births since :). I showed up at the hospital pretty much ready to push with my 3rd, they didn't have much time to sabotage me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GoodyBrook
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Quoting Bridget487:

Thanks.  I am due May 16.  The doctor still wants the baby out early, but he says that if I go into labor on my own before the 37 week mark, he will let me try a vaginal delivery.  Therefore, I am going to begin acupuncture to bring on labor just after the 36 week mark.  I am truly desperate to avoid another c-section.

Has anyone done this?

BEFORE 37 weeks?!??

Please come over to VBAC Moms and share your story.  I know that the women over there have great instincts and are happy to help...

Respectfully, your doctor sounds INSANE!  He is your employee and cannot tell YOU what you have to do.  Your VBAC baby will come when he/she is ready.  Your body WILL work!  Kick that quack to the curb and find a practitioner who  is truly supportive! (He'll ""let"" you TOLAC?!!?)

Have you contacted ICAN yet?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN