Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Bedtime routine

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:07 AM
  • 19 Replies

What's yours?

still trying to fine tune a routine for our 2.5 yr old dd since our new baby arrived a couple months ago. Trying to figure more daddy time in there! 

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarineLewis
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:09 AM
Still trying to figure out a good sleep/nap schedule for my 1 yr old ds. Thinking of waiting a mo when his sister comes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

DS is 23 months.

He has a bath most nights, then cleans up toys, gets diaper and pjs on, says goodnight to dad and the dog, finds his toy leopard and puppy, and we nurse in bed. I sit next to him until he falls asleep.

Amycapl
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

bath, teeth brushing, kisses goodnight for daddy and doggies, jammies, 2 books, brief snuggling then i hold her hand till she falls asleep :)  works great for us.  When daddy puts her to bed, he has his own routine.  Not too far off, but special for daddy and daughter :)

mamalusbear
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this

DH gives DS a bath....then he gets him out and we both dry him off and put lotion on him.  DH reads DS a book and then I'll come in and brush his teeth and give him a back rub before he dozes off.  I always make sure he has his "rabby" and the sleep machine.  He'll doze right off.

illegallyblonde
by Stephany on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Ds is 12 months. He has a bath, but it's really just him playing in the water and then I nurse and rock him to sleep. When he gets old enough to not destroy a book we'll introduce story time after the bath.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
littlelambe2
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Aww. Good luck. 

Quoting SarineLewis:

Still trying to figure out a good sleep/nap schedule for my 1 yr old ds. Thinking of waiting a mo when his sister comes.

littlelambe2
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Awww. I usually hold dd's hand as she falls asleep too. How old is she? Good to know that daddy can have a slightly different routine and it still works :) does she sometimes call for daddy when you're putting her to sleep? Or call for you if daddy's putting her to sleep? What do you do then?

Quoting Amycapl:

bath, teeth brushing, kisses goodnight for daddy and doggies, jammies, 2 books, brief snuggling then i hold her hand till she falls asleep :)  works great for us.  When daddy puts her to bed, he has his own routine.  Not too far off, but special for daddy and daughter :)

littlelambe2
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:26 PM

How old is he?

Quoting mamalusbear:

DH gives DS a bath....then he gets him out and we both dry him off and put lotion on him.  DH reads DS a book and then I'll come in and brush his teeth and give him a back rub before he dozes off.  I always make sure he has his "rabby" and the sleep machine.  He'll doze right off.

Amycapl
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

she is 3.  she will occasionally call for daddy but i just tell her "daddy's downstairs" and that's the end of that (she's pretty easy going!).  and when DH puts her to bed it's usually cause i'm not home :)  so she can call all she wants :)

Quoting littlelambe2:

Awww. I usually hold dd's hand as she falls asleep too. How old is she? Good to know that daddy can have a slightly different routine and it still works :) does she sometimes call for daddy when you're putting her to sleep? Or call for you if daddy's putting her to sleep? What do you do then?

Quoting Amycapl:

mamalusbear
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:32 PM

He's 14 months.

Quoting littlelambe2:

How old is he?

Quoting mamalusbear:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN