Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

i wish people would listen.... update 1/26/13

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:31 PM
  • 20 Replies
A friend of mine had her baby by elective csection last Tuesday because she had a csection with her first child. She had reason the first time because, for unknown reasons, her placenta failed so her son wasn't getting the nutrients he needed and there was very little amniotic fluid. He was about 3 weeks early. Anyways, so she opted to just have another csection 2 weeks before her due date. His lungs weren't ready and he spent a week on a ventilator. He just got off it the other day and they life flighted him to Dallas because his blood pressure shot up and he apparently has a clot in his aorta. He has had one problem after another and I can't help but think "I wish she had listened." I gave her as much info as I could. My heart goes out for this baby. If you pray, please pray for this baby boy.

UPDATE:

Not sure if it is good or bad but there is no sign of the clot. His blood pressure is still too high and they are talking of sending him home with blood pressure medicine :-( Poor baby.

Last update: He is home and doing better. I haven't asked if he is on any meds for high blood pressure and they haven't said.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:37 PM
3 moms liked this
So sad. I don't understand why doctors don't listen to their own organizations recommendations to not do elective sections or inductions before 39 weeks.

I hope she acknowledges that her choosing to have him early caused his issues rather than blame "bad luck". Maybe then she can advocate so people might realize that bad outcomes DO happen to babies born early, but after 37 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brandy85412
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:09 AM

awww so sad!

catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:25 AM

So sad.. :o( 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Hopefully if she chooses to haev another she understands that some of this couldve been avoided if she had waited...OR she will think the hospital and early section saved the day SIGH

Mrs.Salz
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:19 AM

sad :(

vanityrayne
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:20 AM
:( poor baby
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:11 PM

This is all so crazy! Why don't people realize that impatience leads to health issues in babies?

jconney80
by Group Mod on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:17 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. It makes me so mad at Drs who do this for no reason
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this

this makes my heart hurt, poor little man :(

after seeing what my friend went through with her 38 week induction i am even more against inductions that i ever have been before.  they are very risky to mother and babies health!  if baby isnt ready to be born then leave them alone until they are :(

melindabelcher
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:26 PM

yes

Quoting larissalarie:

So sad. I don't understand why doctors don't listen to their own organizations recommendations to not do elective sections or inductions before 39 weeks.

I hope she acknowledges that her choosing to have him early caused his issues rather than blame "bad luck". Maybe then she can advocate so people might realize that bad outcomes DO happen to babies born early, but after 37 weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN