Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Have you ever wondered why

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:31 PM
  • 69 Replies
There is an explosion Of special needs children.

Their mothers that have 3 or4 kids and each of them have something different. I'm really thinking about doing my thesis on this. There are so many different factors like genetics, environment ..Prenatal care or lack of. Exposure.

What are your thoughts on a family having 3-4 kids all with a issue. Whether it be autism, add or sensory ..etc
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:38 PM
4 moms liked this

Absolutely, I look to things like modified foods, birth drugs--   Pitocin!

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:39 PM
My sister had 3 children. The first two were physically delayed but no problems by the time they were 2 1/2. The third has a sensory disorder among other problems not diagnosed, he just started walking a few months ago at 2 1/2. Its weird how each had issues.
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:41 PM
She did take anti depression meds with all of them. My mom kept telling her not to but she kept saying" Dr said it's fine."
gemma458
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:44 PM

What is Pitocin known to cause? I've never researched it

Quoting doulala:

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:48 PM
I ***think*** adhd. I read a natural news article on it. Could've been something else! I'm going entirely off memory! But I think they said it doubles adhd risk.

Quoting gemma458:

Quoting doulala:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I don't know that it DOES cause anything, just that we should be suspicious with drugs and our little fetus/newborn.    With all the possible negativity, how can we not be suspicious, right?
There are articles out, I have info saved somewhere lol, but I grabbed this:

Quoting gemma458:

Quoting doulala:

Sarah Buckely writes:

Every drug that the mother receives in labor will pass through the placenta to her baby, who is more vulnerable to toxic effects. The maximum effects are likely to be at birth and in the hours immediately after, when drug levels are highest.   /

It is also important to note that a newborn baby’s ability to process and excrete drugs is much less than an adult’s. For example, the half-life (time to reduce drug blood levels by half) for the local anesthetic bupivacaine (Marcaine) is 8.1 hours in the newborn, compared to 2.7 hours in the mother.82 Also, drug blood levels may not accurately reflect the baby’s toxic load because drugs may be taken up from the blood and stored in newborn tissues such as brain and liver,83 from where they are more slowly released.84

/  For example, all three studies comparing epidural-exposed with unmedicated babies, and using the NBAS, found significant differences between groups:89 

/  Anne Murray et al. compared 15 unmedicated with 40 epidural-exposed babies, and found that the epidural babies still had a depressed NBAS score at five days, with particular difficulty controlling their state. The 20 babies whose mothers had received oxytocin as well as an epidural had even more depression of NBAS scores, which may be explained by their babies’ higher rates of jaundice. At one month, epidural mothers found their babies “less adaptable, more intense and more bothersome in their behavior.” These differences could not be explained by the more difficult deliveries and subsequent maternal-infant separations associated with epidurals.90

Michel Odent says, “Whatever the facet of Love we consider, oxytocin is involved.”(1)For the baby also, birth is an exciting and stressful event, reflected in high CA levels (27). These assist the baby during birth by protecting against the effects of hypoxia (lack of oxygen) and subsequent acidosis.

/

Synthetic oxytocin [AKA PITOCIN] administered in labor does not act like the body’s own oxytocin. First, syntocinon-induced contractions are different from natural contractions, and these differences can cause a reduced blood flow to the baby. For example, waves can occur almost on top of each other when too high a dose of synthetic oxytocin is given, and it also causes the resting tone of the uterus to increase (33).

Second, oxytocin, synthetic or not, cannot cross from the body to the brain through the blood-brain barrier. This means that syntocinon, introduced into the body by injection or drip, does not act as the hormone of love. However, it does provide the hormonal system with negative feedback—that is, oxytocin receptors in the laboring woman’s body detect high levels of oxytocin and signal the brain to reduce production. We know that women with syntocinon infusions are at higher risk of bleeding after the birth, because their own oxytocin production has been shut down. But we do not know the psychological effects of giving birth without the peak levels of oxytocin that nature prescribes for all mammalian species.

Mrs.Salz
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I have wondered this. Sometimes I think it's genuinely genetic.

Everyone responds differently though so one family may have an ADD child and another child with behavioral disorder for example.... partially or fully the result of a combination of vaccines, medications, GMOs, pesticides chemicals, metal toxicity, overuse of ultrasound, etc.

Mrs.Salz
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I have these bookmarked. It's been a long time since I read them so not sure how accurate or recent they are.

http://www.autismtoday.com/articles/ATTN_Researchers.htm

https://imfar.confex.com/imfar/2010/webprogram/Paper7555.html

Quoting gemma458:

Quoting doulala:

Mrs.Salz
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I just posted some links suggesting a connection between pitocin and autism, if you're interested.

Quoting MaryJarrett:

I ***think*** adhd. I read a natural news article on it. Could've been something else! I'm going entirely off memory! But I think they said it doubles adhd risk.

Quoting gemma458:

Quoting doulala:

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I fed all 4 of my kids a bit differently, I dont think its food.  MY 2nd child was born with sensory processing disorder, but even when I was pregnant he beat me hardore if I did anything that was louder than normal voice volume.  I think he was always that way...genetic.  My 3rd has ADHD its only in the past year or so we have seen symptoms too...he started school lunches and we started seeing it..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)