Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

There is an explosion Of special needs children.

Their mothers that have 3 or4 kids and each of them have something different. I'm really thinking about doing my thesis on this. There are so many different factors like genetics, environment ..Prenatal care or lack of. Exposure.

What are your thoughts on a family having 3-4 kids all with a issue. Whether it be autism, add or sensory ..etc
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Replies (11-20):
Ichthus
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

You should consider vaccines in your research. That's not always the cause, but it's definitely something to consider.

H.I.S.
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:44 PM
2 moms liked this

Poor prenatal nutrition, not enough spacing between each child to allow mother's body to restore nutritionally, toxins in foods, gmo foods, toxins in everyday products, fluoride in water supply, taking prescription drugs while pregnant, major birth interventions/trauma (c-section, induction), too much stress during pregnancy and baby's 1st year, overloading with new vaccines, radiation from technology (cell phones, computers, TVs etc)...

I'm sure it's a combination of many things.

Lilypie - (VOWJ)

gemma458
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Thank you!

Quoting doulala:

I don't know that it DOES cause anything, just that we should be suspicious with drugs and our little fetus/newborn.    With all the possible negativity, how can we not be suspicious, right?
There are articles out, I have info saved somewhere lol, but I grabbed this:

Quoting gemma458:

What is Pitocin known to cause? I've never researched it

Quoting doulala:

Absolutely, I look to things like modified foods, birth drugs--   Pitocin!

Sarah Buckely writes:

Every drug that the mother receives in labor will pass through the placenta to her baby, who is more vulnerable to toxic effects. The maximum effects are likely to be at birth and in the hours immediately after, when drug levels are highest.   /

It is also important to note that a newborn baby’s ability to process and excrete drugs is much less than an adult’s. For example, the half-life (time to reduce drug blood levels by half) for the local anesthetic bupivacaine (Marcaine) is 8.1 hours in the newborn, compared to 2.7 hours in the mother.82 Also, drug blood levels may not accurately reflect the baby’s toxic load because drugs may be taken up from the blood and stored in newborn tissues such as brain and liver,83 from where they are more slowly released.84

/  For example, all three studies comparing epidural-exposed with unmedicated babies, and using the NBAS, found significant differences between groups:89 

/  Anne Murray et al. compared 15 unmedicated with 40 epidural-exposed babies, and found that the epidural babies still had a depressed NBAS score at five days, with particular difficulty controlling their state. The 20 babies whose mothers had received oxytocin as well as an epidural had even more depression of NBAS scores, which may be explained by their babies’ higher rates of jaundice. At one month, epidural mothers found their babies “less adaptable, more intense and more bothersome in their behavior.” These differences could not be explained by the more difficult deliveries and subsequent maternal-infant separations associated with epidurals.90

Michel Odent says, “Whatever the facet of Love we consider, oxytocin is involved.”(1)For the baby also, birth is an exciting and stressful event, reflected in high CA levels (27). These assist the baby during birth by protecting against the effects of hypoxia (lack of oxygen) and subsequent acidosis.

/

Synthetic oxytocin [AKA PITOCIN] administered in labor does not act like the body’s own oxytocin. First, syntocinon-induced contractions are different from natural contractions, and these differences can cause a reduced blood flow to the baby. For example, waves can occur almost on top of each other when too high a dose of synthetic oxytocin is given, and it also causes the resting tone of the uterus to increase (33).

Second, oxytocin, synthetic or not, cannot cross from the body to the brain through the blood-brain barrier. This means that syntocinon, introduced into the body by injection or drip, does not act as the hormone of love. However, it does provide the hormonal system with negative feedback—that is, oxytocin receptors in the laboring woman’s body detect high levels of oxytocin and signal the brain to reduce production. We know that women with syntocinon infusions are at higher risk of bleeding after the birth, because their own oxytocin production has been shut down. But we do not know the psychological effects of giving birth without the peak levels of oxytocin that nature prescribes for all mammalian species.

schultzal
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a great book that is somewhat on topic. It's called Healing the New Childhood Epidemic. I'd link but I am mobile. I got it on amazon for my kindle. It is a very interesting and thought-provoking read.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gemma458
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:50 PM

That is really scary! Thank you for posting them : )

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

I have these bookmarked. It's been a long time since I read them so not sure how accurate or recent they are.

http://www.autismtoday.com/articles/ATTN_Researchers.htm

https://imfar.confex.com/imfar/2010/webprogram/Paper7555.html

Quoting gemma458:

What is Pitocin known to cause? I've never researched it

Quoting doulala:

Absolutely, I look to things like modified foods, birth drugs--   Pitocin!

joyful_mama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:09 PM

I think it would be hard to nail down. Genetics are undoubtably involved but what triggers it could be something different for each child. I think the food we eat, our environment, vaccines, birth practices all play a role. That is why it is so hard to convince people that these problems could, at least in part, be avoided. There are just too many things we are exposed to.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Agree!

Quoting joyful_mama:

I think it would be hard to nail down. Genetics are undoubtably involved but what triggers it could be something different for each child. I think the food we eat, our environment, vaccines, birth practices all play a role. That is why it is so hard to convince people that these problems could, at least in part, be avoided. There are just too many things we are exposed to.

moroccanmommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Therioes vary... I did some research last week on the neurological connections in the brain while in utero with various teragein exposure . In utero is so important ..... Erikson and Piaget makes sense..
environment also plays a huge role, in that, family cohesion and interactions are indicators of out come. Even Maslow's theory makes a lot of sense.
moroccanmommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:59 PM
My oldest son has ADHD and I know how he got it. During birth we had a shoulder dsplasia..He had the cord wrapped around his neck. He had an score of 2. He was born completely purple black and blue marks were on his head for weeks. he was too big for my pelvis. I received hairline fractures during birth. I attribute is ADD to lack of oxygen.
none of my other for 3 children have anything "wrong". My son struggles with school and memory loss. I do worry about about amira. I had to have ultrasounds every 2 weeks.
joyful_mama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:20 PM

This is how I feel about two of mine. They were both pit inductions. The rest of the kids do not have the same issues.

Quoting moroccanmommy:

My oldest son has ADHD and I know how he got it. During birth we had a shoulder dsplasia..He had the cord wrapped around his neck. He had an score of 2. He was born completely purple black and blue marks were on his head for weeks. he was too big for my pelvis. I received hairline fractures during birth. I attribute is ADD to lack of oxygen.
none of my other for 3 children have anything "wrong".
My son struggles with school and memory loss. I do worry about about amira. I had to have ultrasounds every 2 weeks.

Pregnancy%20ticker

http://livinginjoyfulchaos.blogspot.com/
Make a pregnancy ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)