Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting
There is an explosion Of special needs children.

Their mothers that have 3 or4 kids and each of them have something different. I'm really thinking about doing my thesis on this. There are so many different factors like genetics, environment ..Prenatal care or lack of. Exposure.

What are your thoughts on a family having 3-4 kids all with a issue. Whether it be autism, add or sensory ..etc
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Replies (31-40):
taurusmom88
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:09 PM
I've always wo.dered if its a combination of all the drugs in the body from birth. Like pitocin, pain meds, epidural, which all goes to baby. Then baby gets injected with hep b shot and vit k shot. All that plus whatever hormones and chemicals from the diet of the mother during pregnancy. There really aren't studies done on what all this crap together can do. Just a thought.
FelixFelicis
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:11 PM

I think it has everything to do with the parents and parenting styles. You can't CIO with your baby then 5 years later wonder why your child has intense anxiety (sorry for anyone who uses CIO) but that's purely my opinion. I actively avoid researching things like this, it makes me extremely depressed.

SAHM927
by Lesly on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:33 PM

I remember watching "More Business of Being Born" and the midwives from the Farm, they claim that out of the nearly 2000 births they have performed none of the children had autism. Statistically there should be over 20. They also talked about the Amish community and how many of these disorders do not exist. I firmly believe it is environment. 

jconney80
by Group Mod on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:45 PM
You have take into account that the Amish won't talk about autism nor even acknowledge it exists. This is purely culture. I have lots of friends with autistic children but they refuse to see it. Just because it isn't labeled doesn't mean it doesn't exist lol

Quoting SAHM927:

I remember watching "More Business of Being Born" and the midwives from the Farm, they claim that out of the nearly 2000 births they have performed none of the children had autism. Statistically there should be over 20. They also talked about the Amish community and how many of these disorders do not exist. I firmly believe it is environment. 

SAHM927
by Lesly on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Yes, you are likely correct. I was stating what they had mentioned in the episode I had watched, I did not do any further research but it does make sense that culturally they deny it.  

Quoting jconney80:

You have take into account that the Amish won't talk about autism nor even acknowledge it exists. This is purely culture. I have lots of friends with autistic children but they refuse to see it. Just because it isn't labeled doesn't mean it doesn't exist lol

Quoting SAHM927:

jconney80
by Group Mod on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:54 PM
I'm really, really disappointed in all of these replies. I expected natural minded people to be more open minded. CIO can't cause autism. Please educate yourself SMH. My kids have never CIO. They bedshare, are worn, still BF, no vaccines. Still autistic.

Quoting FelixFelicis:

I think it has everything to do with the parents and parenting styles. You can't CIO with your baby then 5 years later wonder why your child has intense anxiety (sorry for anyone who uses CIO) but that's purely my opinion. I actively avoid researching things like this, it makes me extremely depressed.

FrumpyMama
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:54 PM

I actually have a branch in my family like that. My Aunt married a man that was host to a ton of mental disorders (she thought it was just PTSD from Vietnam).  My cousin has a ton of mental/emotional issues and each of her kids has one of the many she has. She is white trash (for lack of a better word), drinks and smokes, two of my second cousins were molested, one dropped on her head, one abducted by her birth father, that's about it I think. My poor aunt has had deal with this her whole life and continues to be so strong with all this insanity.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:56 PM
I have many natural friends with autistic children. Same as mine. Never vaccinated, never CIO, healthy diet during pregnancy, natural drug free births. Still autism

Quoting taurusmom88:

I've always wo.dered if its a combination of all the drugs in the body from birth. Like pitocin, pain meds, epidural, which all goes to baby. Then baby gets injected with hep b shot and vit k shot. All that plus whatever hormones and chemicals from the diet of the mother during pregnancy. There really aren't studies done on what all this crap together can do. Just a thought.
ihave1
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:57 PM

I agree.  Also one reason why I  suffered  headaches, backaches, acid reflex and sleepless nights while I was pregnant. 

Quoting doulala:

Absolutely, I look to things like modified foods, birth drugs--   Pitocin!

FrumpyMama
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Oh and one of the ones who was molested is currently having kids. She was induced with each of them. 

I swear that side is just one big ole science experiment bubble. 

SO, to answer your question, everything comes into play when you have kids. There are things we can do to prevent, but you can't fix predisposed genetics, but that doesn't mean you should give up either.  Every little thing we do makes an impact and we have to do what will make us more at ease that we truly did try everything.  I can be a patient as a saint with my son, but breastfeeding, bedsharing etc, won't stop the fact that he has our hot german blood in his veins. He will continue to scream and stamp and attack when he is angry. All we can do is show him a better way and teach him to control his dragon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN