Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

There is an explosion Of special needs children.

Their mothers that have 3 or4 kids and each of them have something different. I'm really thinking about doing my thesis on this. There are so many different factors like genetics, environment ..Prenatal care or lack of. Exposure.

What are your thoughts on a family having 3-4 kids all with a issue. Whether it be autism, add or sensory ..etc
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Replies (41-50):
taurusmom88
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:04 AM
I wasn't necessarily saying autism, or anything specific. I was just meaning there are so many variables and different combinations together can react differently for different people. I've never really had to deal with those difficulties, and I cant really imagine what its like. I know genetics has a lot to do with it, but I just cant see all the stuff I mention and then some really helping either. I'm not a scientist. I'm not gonna pretend I know what I'm talking about. It is just something I've wondered about.

Quoting jconney80:

I have many natural friends with autistic children. Same as mine. Never vaccinated, never CIO, healthy diet during pregnancy, natural drug free births. Still autism

Quoting taurusmom88:

I've always wo.dered if its a combination of all the drugs in the body from birth. Like pitocin, pain meds, epidural, which all goes to baby. Then baby gets injected with hep b shot and vit k shot. All that plus whatever hormones and chemicals from the diet of the mother during pregnancy. There really aren't studies done on what all this crap together can do. Just a thought.

FelixFelicis
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:05 AM

lol I didn't say autism, did I? Odd comment.

Quoting jconney80:

I'm really, really disappointed in all of these replies. I expected natural minded people to be more open minded. CIO can't cause autism. Please educate yourself SMH. My kids have never CIO. They bedshare, are worn, still BF, no vaccines. Still autistic.

Quoting FelixFelicis:

I think it has everything to do with the parents and parenting styles. You can't CIO with your baby then 5 years later wonder why your child has intense anxiety (sorry for anyone who uses CIO) but that's purely my opinion. I actively avoid researching things like this, it makes me extremely depressed.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Quoting Mrs.Salz: I have wondered this. Sometimes I think it's genuinely genetic. Everyone responds differently though so one family may have an ADD child and another child with behavioral disorder for example.... partially or fully the result of a combination of vaccines, medications, GMOs, pesticides chemicals, metal toxicity, overuse of ultrasound, etc.

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

mommaoftwo
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:13 AM

my first child is perfectly typical (girl)

second child is being looked at for aspergers, at the very least he has speech problems and anxiety. (boy)

third child potentially has ADD but he is too young to diagnose, and he also recieves speech services. (boy)

Fourth child refused to crawl, she butt scooted, and we are now thinking that she may have a differently angled hip like I do. One of my hips is at a different angle then typical. But other then that, she is typical. (girl)

I don't know if it is a boy thing or what, I was never induced, second child was an epidural because he was posterior and they convinced me to get it because labor was taking so long. The rest of the kids were natural vaginal births. There is a four yr gap between the boys, and a more natural lifestyle change. It is potentially genetics, I don't really know.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:31 AM
You said you think the reason there are so many kids with special needs is due to parents or their parenting. Trust me you can't cause the problems my kids have with parenting.

Quoting FelixFelicis:

lol I didn't say autism, did I? Odd comment.

Quoting jconney80:

I'm really, really disappointed in all of these replies. I expected natural minded people to be more open minded. CIO can't cause autism. Please educate yourself SMH. My kids have never CIO. They bedshare, are worn, still BF, no vaccines. Still autistic.

Quoting FelixFelicis:

I think it has everything to do with the parents and parenting styles. You can't CIO with your baby then 5 years later wonder why your child has intense anxiety (sorry for anyone who uses CIO) but that's purely my opinion. I actively avoid researching things like this, it makes me extremely depressed.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Ahh gotcha. I think it's all very confusing for most. I used to think a combination of things like this caused autism. I was mistaken and didn't know anything about it. I'm just spreading awareness. I see many natural parents blaming this stuff on really crazy things.

Quoting taurusmom88:

I wasn't necessarily saying autism, or anything specific. I was just meaning there are so many variables and different combinations together can react differently for different people. I've never really had to deal with those difficulties, and I cant really imagine what its like. I know genetics has a lot to do with it, but I just cant see all the stuff I mention and then some really helping either. I'm not a scientist. I'm not gonna pretend I know what I'm talking about. It is just something I've wondered about.

Quoting jconney80:

I have many natural friends with autistic children. Same as mine. Never vaccinated, never CIO, healthy diet during pregnancy, natural drug free births. Still autism

Quoting taurusmom88:

I've always wo.dered if its a combination of all the drugs in the body from birth. Like pitocin, pain meds, epidural, which all goes to baby. Then baby gets injected with hep b shot and vit k shot. All that plus whatever hormones and chemicals from the diet of the mother during pregnancy. There really aren't studies done on what all this crap together can do. Just a thought.

moroccanmommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:25 AM
Wow do you really think I'm talking about you? Listen I have my big girl panties on. I'm in school and starting to think about my thesis.
I have worked with children and families for over 20 years. And as wonderful as you. I'm not going to base my thesis on you. I don't even know you.
Just because me n you had a debate on sleep and melatonin doesn't mean I'm going to talk about you . Wow

Quoting jconney80:

There is no big explosion of them. They've always been there. Parents were just always forced to deal with them and blamed for the problem. Now that time has gone on more people with undiagnosed problems are having kids and so on etc. It's genetic and hereditary. No one wants to believe it. They just blame it on whatever is convenient.

I didn't do any of the same stuff with any of my pregnancies or any of their births. All of my kids are autistic. It runs in my family that I can date back to 1904. I'm sure it goes back much further. There are a lot more kids out there not diagnosed.

BTW I love how you continue to talk about me in this group from the other one. Nice.
moroccanmommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:26 AM
Those are excellent point and worth researching for sure. Ty

Quoting HamBergerMama:

I think Jill has a point, if you look back there are certainly people with what we would call autism today documented throughout history. (Certainly many undocumented, but some of the genius' of history show serious social signs of autism.) 

Why do we see more of it? Well our population has grown, so it only makes sense that there would be more people with autism, since there are more people. 

Additionally, our society is set up to basically set off people and kids with sensory disorders. We are surrounded by technology and constant stimulation which just might be too much for autistic kids. This kind of stimulation simply wasn't around/as prevelant in the 20's - 60's etc. 

moroccanmommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:28 AM
Interesting points.

Quoting SAHM927:

I remember watching "More Business of Being Born" and the midwives from the Farm, they claim that out of the nearly 2000 births they have performed none of the children had autism. Statistically there should be over 20. They also talked about the Amish community and how many of these disorders do not exist. I firmly believe it is environment. 

HamBergerMama
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:35 AM

I kinda doubt that stat. (I live in Amish Country, my family came from the Amish) The Amish have a LOT of mental disabilities. And the stricter the Amish (also tend to be more "natural".) the more mental disabilities there are. This has nothing to do with the natural lifestyle, but because there is a ton of intermarriage.

I don't know about autism specifically, but in general their mental disabilities are caused because there is a very small gene pool (LOTS of intermarriage, as close as first and second cousins)

Quoting SAHM927:

I remember watching "More Business of Being Born" and the midwives from the Farm, they claim that out of the nearly 2000 births they have performed none of the children had autism. Statistically there should be over 20. They also talked about the Amish community and how many of these disorders do not exist. I firmly believe it is environment. 

Blessed Mommy to: Angel Baby : 07/08/08  Alexander Jayce:05/21/09 Kalea Brielle: 06/03/10 Michael Zachary 09/22/11 Angel Baby: 07/02/12 Expecting Colson EDD 04/18/13

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)