Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm 37 weeks and I'm 3 cm dilated.  Lost my mucus plug between yesterday and today.  I've been walking a lot since Saturday and want to know if there is anything I can do to bring on labor.  Or does any of that mean labor is coming soon?  And soon I mean hours....Thanks

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Replies (11-20):
joyful_mama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Why? It is best for babe to bake until 39+ wks. 

Quoting slovette:

Ok I will thanks!  I didn't lose mine with my first baby and I delivered at 38 weeks.  This is my second so I was hoping things would happen sooner.

Quoting Ichthus:

Nope, neither of those are signs that labor is coming soon. I lost my mucus plug 2 weeks before my 1st ds was born, and I had to be induced at 10 days overdue. Look at the post about avoiding pitocin for some ideas to help labor get started.

Pregnancy%20ticker

http://livinginjoyfulchaos.blogspot.com/
Make a pregnancy ticker
joyful_mama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:03 PM
3 moms liked this

That post was by someone who was facing induction for medical reasons, not impatience. 

Quoting Ichthus:

Nope, neither of those are signs that labor is coming soon. I lost my mucus plug 2 weeks before my 1st ds was born, and I had to be induced at 10 days overdue. Look at the post about avoiding pitocin for some ideas to help labor get started.

Pregnancy%20ticker

Make a pregnancy ticker
Cynthje
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:17 PM

None of those mean anything really, some women lose the mucus plug many many weeks before labor while others lose theirs at some point during labor, dilation is also not an indication of anything and many women don't even get checked because of that.

The best thing to do is to wait and be patient, you are in your 37th week and thats way too early to consider speeding things up

Baby_Avas_Momma
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:19 PM
This!

Quoting SadieJames:

Please don't try.  Your LO isn't ready.  I know it's getting hard but for your LOs health it is worth waiting.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dallascowboys82
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:22 PM
I had sex! Seriously..my dr stripped me..went home, had sex..couple hours later my water broke
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:37 PM

mucus plugs and rebuild themselves and moms can sit at 3cm forever...I know its not what you want to hear but your baby is MUCH safer insied than out until atleast 39 weeks!!

littlelambe2
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Please just give your baby as much time as s/he needs. I know its tough to wait. Both my girls were past their due dates (9 days, and 10 days). But it is well worth the wait.

As far as mucous plug goes, I lost mine once I was in early labor. I know its different for everyone.

joyful_mama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I've had a 42 wk and 43 wk babe, it was tough being 'late' but best to not mess with birth by rushing it along. I'm nearly 31 wks and getting to that really uncomfortable stage. So I wrote a blog post to make myself remember how important it is to be patient. :)

Quoting littlelambe2:

Please just give your baby as much time as s/he needs. I know its tough to wait. Both my girls were past their due dates (9 days, and 10 days). But it is well worth the wait.

As far as mucous plug goes, I lost mine once I was in early labor. I know its different for everyone.

Pregnancy%20ticker

Make a pregnancy ticker
slovette
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:20 PM

I know the longer the better but at my appt last week my doctor said baby is done developing and now is just adding on weight until D-Day.  I had a steroid shot at 32 weeks for baby's lungs just in case she came early because I was conracting then.  So although I know nothing is for sure, my doctor said I'm pretty much any day now.

Quoting joyful_mama:

Why? It is best for babe to bake until 39+ wks. 

Quoting slovette:

Ok I will thanks!  I didn't lose mine with my first baby and I delivered at 38 weeks.  This is my second so I was hoping things would happen sooner.

Quoting Ichthus:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)