Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm 37 weeks and I'm 3 cm dilated.  Lost my mucus plug between yesterday and today.  I've been walking a lot since Saturday and want to know if there is anything I can do to bring on labor.  Or does any of that mean labor is coming soon?  And soon I mean hours....Thanks

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Replies (61-67):
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Why would you want to have the baby at 37 weeks? The lungs might not be fully developed. I would put your feet up and hope baby stays in there at least another 2 weeks.
joyful_mama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:16 AM
3 moms liked this

Forgive me, but this seems at odds with your OP and your PP. If you know it is best to wait and you don't want to expose your baby to unnecessary risks, why ask about induction? I've had eight babies, believe me I know how it is at the end of pregnancy. I know how much pain you can be in. I know what it feels like to just want pregnancy to be over. As you say, if your body isn't ready you will not go into labor doing all of those things, but what you can do is stress your baby and your own body. 

If you can, get a massage, or a mani/pedi, or whatever it is you like to do to relax. Patience, Mama.

Quoting slovette:

Ok let me clarify. Yes I know a pregnancy is 40 weeks and yes I know it's best to wait until then. Obviously I don't want my baby to come out with major or minor complications. I'm sure none of us do. However, I'm a normal pregnant woman who is miserable and exhausted and want my baby out. If what most of you are saying is true then it doesn't matter what I do to try to go into labor if it's not going to work. Even if baby doesn't come until 40-42 weeks she could still have problems if that's what's meant to be. I understand some mothers deliver early and wish they could carry longer and I sympathize for you but that doesn't take away my misery. None of you know what I'm going through. You don't know if I'm in pain or what. We're all in the same boat or have been in the same boat. So just for the record no I'm not asking for my baby to come before time. I want a healthy baby girl I just want the time to be now. That's all.

Pregnancy%20ticker

http://livinginjoyfulchaos.blogspot.com/
Make a pregnancy ticker
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this
You act like you're the first woman who's ever been 37 weeks pregnant and uncomfortable. Guess what, you're not. Millions of women a year are also pregnant and uncomfortable.
Right now you seem to be saying that YOUR comfort & wants are more important than what you know to be best for you baby. As a mother, that's a mindset I simply cannot understand.

Quoting slovette:

Ok let me clarify. Yes I know a pregnancy is 40 weeks and yes I know it's best to wait until then. Obviously I don't want my baby to come out with major or minor complications. I'm sure none of us do. However, I'm a normal pregnant woman who is miserable and exhausted and want my baby out. If what most of you are saying is true then it doesn't matter what I do to try to go into labor if it's not going to work. Even if baby doesn't come until 40-42 weeks she could still have problems if that's what's meant to be. I understand some mothers deliver early and wish they could carry longer and I sympathize for you but that doesn't take away my misery. None of you know what I'm going through. You don't know if I'm in pain or what. We're all in the same boat or have been in the same boat. So just for the record no I'm not asking for my baby to come before time. I want a healthy baby girl I just want the time to be now. That's all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:05 AM

With my first, I was dilated to 3 for a month. I don't see the hurry in having a baby 3 wks early. Those last 3 wks are important for brain and lung development. Please leave it be.

VintageWife
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:12 AM
2 moms liked this

I was wondering the same thing. She said she isn't trying to get her to come early but the post is titled 'how to induce naturally' and in the post it said she 'wants to know if there is anything I can do to bring on labor.' 

OP, not trying to argue with you, but you ARE trying to get her to come early. You specifically asked twice how to do it. This is the wrong group to get sympathy in for not going into early labor. This group believes in letting baby and body decide even if that means 42 weeks.

We sympathize with you on the pains of late pregnancy. We all get them and some of us have them worse than others. We get that you can't wait to hold that snuggly baby in your arms and hug her and nurse her and love on her, but you need to let it happen on its own time so she's as healthy as possible! 

Quoting joyful_mama:

Forgive me, but this seems at odds with your OP and your PP. If you know it is best to wait and you don't want to expose your baby to unnecessary risks, why ask about induction? I've had eight babies, believe me I know how it is at the end of pregnancy. I know how much pain you can be in. I know what it feels like to just want pregnancy to be over. As you say, if your body isn't ready you will not go into labor doing all of those things, but what you can do is stress your baby and your own body. 

If you can, get a massage, or a mani/pedi, or whatever it is you like to do to relax. Patience, Mama.

Quoting slovette:

slovette
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:16 PM
How am I acting like I'm the only one?! If that were the case I wouldn't be asking for others advice. Just because others have gone through it does NOT make it easier to bare. This is my second baby so yes I knew this part was coming. But just like labor and delivery, just because you know it's coming doesn't make it easier.

Quoting larissalarie:

You act like you're the first woman who's ever been 37 weeks pregnant and uncomfortable. Guess what, you're not. Millions of women a year are also pregnant and uncomfortable.

Right now you seem to be saying that YOUR comfort & wants are more important than what you know to be best for you baby. As a mother, that's a mindset I simply cannot understand.

Quoting slovette:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this

not to speak for larissalarie, but i think people are just confused about why you want to induce yourself so early if you know that by doing that it increases risk factors that can potentially hurt your baby.  can you understand why that wouldnt make sense to us?  we believe that wanting to be done being pregnant is not a good enough reason to jumpstart a (very) early labor and in this group we are very anti-induction unless it is medically necessary.

we try to view pregnancy and the birthing process as a blessing instead of an illness.  we try to empower woman to make choices that help facilitate healthy pregnancies and births.  early induction is a sore subject for many of the mamas on here because we have all seen the horrible consequences that can happen from trying to rush a birth instead of embracing the natural process and being patient.

i hope that gives you an idea of what this group is for.  there are a lot of really great woman on here who can give you all the best up to date information in regards to natural birth and parenting.  if you have any other questions dont be afraid to ask!

Quoting slovette:

How am I acting like I'm the only one?! If that were the case I wouldn't be asking for others advice. Just because others have gone through it does NOT make it easier to bare. This is my second baby so yes I knew this part was coming. But just like labor and delivery, just because you know it's coming doesn't make it easier.

Quoting larissalarie:

Quoting slovette:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)