Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

PIOG! Intactivists? No drama please!

Posted by   + Show Post

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/grant-equal-protection-males-under-age-18-banning-circumcision-females-are-protected-18-usc-116/TKglgZ1x

I'm Mary married(since 10-5-08) to Dallen, mommy to Serenity(2008) & Caidence(2010). Christian, SAHM, Full- term breast feeding, Cloth diapering, Vaccinating, Anti-CIO/Sleep-training, Natural birthing, holistic loving, AP, ERF, Bedsharing/co-sleepingresearch-loving kinda mama.

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Replies (91-97):
Freckles0808
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:40 AM

Signed.  :)

Freckles0808
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:44 AM

I was just about to click on share w/ Facebook, but I thought better of it.  As passionate as I am about leaving boys intact, I have very close friends that were uninformed about circ'ing and decided to circ.  They know my stance on it and I don't want them to feel attacked.  I think anyone that gets up in arms about circumcising their boys has some guilt they need to deal with.  I got in an argument recently w/ another mom about it.  I don't get involved in circ discussions, but she was spewing misinformation.  I had to correct it.  All I felt was her guilt over circ'ing her son being spit back at me.  Oh well.

Quoting taurusmom88:

I signed :) thanks for posting. Id like to post on fb, but not sure I wanna deal with the drama.

joyful_mama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:55 AM

The government's only business should be national security, upholding contracts, and protecting individual rights. When a person's rights to bodily integrity are infringed upon the gov't does have a place. If someone came to your home took you to a hospital and forcibly circ'd you (which is what is happening to an infant) you would want the gov't to punish that person for the bodily harm they inflicted. Every human has the right to bodily integrity. No one should be forced to do, or not do, anything to their OWN body. You've no right to decide something so invasive and personal for another.

That said, I don't think a law in necessarily a good idea. The diagnosis of medical problems and the resulting 'medical necessity' would go up is all. Sure, there would be fewer circ'd boys, but it wouldn't go away. Education and activism has done so much to reduce the number of boys suffering this and I think it best to continue on that track.

Quoting JoJoBean8:

They have to much control as it is we don't need to hand over even more control to them.

Quoting MaryJarrett:

Why?

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Keep the government out of it. 

Pregnancy%20ticker

http://livinginjoyfulchaos.blogspot.com/
Make a pregnancy ticker
Proud2BWeird
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:06 AM
Oh, and how does your son's penis affect your husband?

BTW, if your husband is circumcised you have the experience that matters. That of living with an intact foreskin.

Imagine not having your clitoral hood (female foreskin), your clitoris would be exposed. Now imagine that without the added protection of your labia majora. That's what a newly circ'd penis gets- constant exposure and rubbing against undergarments (diapers, in this case).

Of course, it's not usually tender forever. It eventually calluses over, decreasing sensitivity.

Sound like fun to you?

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

my husband made the decision. he and i are well informed. i left the penis decision to the one with a penis. not trying to start drama, just saying.

Quoting cemcnair:

Your decision that doesn't affect you...

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

guess I better only have girls from now on...

if you don't wanna circ that's your decision...but let me have my decision

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Proud2BWeird
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:09 AM
Oh,I signed this petition the other day :)
Proud2BWeird
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm pro-life and anti-circ, and find it to be comfortably consistent. In both instances I'm concerned about the right of bodily integrity, and in both instances it's the body of the child I find to be in question.

I think it's very hypocritical to be pro-life and pro-circ, since it's giving the body of the unborn more value than that of the born.

It's also hypocritical to be pro-choice and pro-circ. Why is it "her body, her choice" when we're talking about a pregnant woman, but not "his body, his choice" when it comes to a child? The child will eventually become as man, and can decide to be circumcised if he wishes. He can't decide to become uncircumcised, ever.

Quoting piwife:

Quoting JoJoBean8:

They have to much control as it is we don't need to hand over even more control to them.

Quoting MaryJarrett:

Why?

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Keep the government out of it. 

i do agree the goverment should not be involve

NDFanatik
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this

It'd work the exact way that female circs are- regardless of religion, you do not have the legal right to harm a child or perform cosmetic surgery on them.  I, for one, agree. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)