Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babywearing

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:11 PM
  • 11 Replies
Does anyone practice babywearing? What wraps do you recommend? I live in central Texas & it gets to be over 100 in the summer.
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Salz
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:26 PM

We do! Gauze wraps are great for hot temps.

There are lots of other babywearing mamas here so hopefully someone else will have more suggestions :)

Mommy2justone
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Boba

kitchen.sink
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I use a pocket sling and moby wrap when they're really little and I love my ergo for six months and up. I don't have any suggestions for wraps in that kind of heat... so hopefully some other moms will be able to recommend some for you here. :)

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:13 PM

I like ssc.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Oh, and I like your sn. My nickname for dh is goober.

hapababies
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:14 PM
There is a performance Ergo that is supposed to be light weight and breathable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:34 PM
I live in az where it is 115*+ for four months.

I like different carriers for different ages. I love a ring sling for NB, I think I would have like my mei tai had I had it then too.

I liked a woven wrap next. It gets hot when worn the standard way, but there's a way to wrap that allows t to be a much cooler fit for both of you. I think it's called the cross carry.

I liked the mei tai next because it was cool and it was easier for her to see out of, she is super curious. I also found it to be most comfy.

And now that she's big enough that I need to back carry, I have an ssc.

I also like a pouch sling once she can sit unsupported for something quick to put on that I won't be wearing for long.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudMom2634
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this

We also have a hot climate I use a lightweight SSC, the ABC (Action Baby Carrier) which is cooler, breathable and more comfy than bulky ones. My DH and DD is a little sweaty so having a cooler carrier matters. hope this helps!

jconney80
by Group Mod on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:10 PM
I love the Boba and I think they make a thinner one called the Air but I have no experience with it. I think gauze wraps are hood in the heat but I wear my kids in the 100 heat in a Boba
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Moby & Boba
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)