Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Breastfeeding + sick mom = ideas for natural remedies?

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:49 PM
  • 4 Replies

I know this has been asked before, but my keyword searching is apparently affected by my stuffy head.  I'm breastfeeding my 7 month old and have to work as well...so I need some useful natural remedies to alleviate some symptoms of the common cold (I haven't been sick in almost 2 years!).  Everyone at work keeps telling me to take meds.  Share your breastfeeding-safe ideas with me?  I know lots of fluids, o.j. and I think garlic??  What else can I do in a pinch?  Thanks in advance for the help!

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Neti pot and breast milk nose drops.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Garlic and emergen-c

ameraznkimko
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:06 PM

I am breastfeeding my lo too and I use essential oils to help get rid of my cold and to help with the symptoms..I rub Lemon on my throat and chest when I first notice signs..I put a blend called Thieves on the bottom of my feet..if I get congested I use a blend called RC..and if I get stuffy I rub some peppermint under my nose..I also drink something that is called NingXia Red that is made from wollberry and infused with essential oils

Magnolia7
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Garlic is great, vitamin C and vitamin D will help stimulate your immune system.  I also love elderberry syrup and I'm pretty sure you can take it while breastfeeding.

Flushing the sinuses with a saline solution (spray or neti pot) and salt water gargles are also very helpful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN