Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

fml...opinions?

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:16 PM
  • 16 Replies

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peaches_04
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:17 PM
I cant see how seeing that would " f#@k someones life"
MrsKish
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:26 PM

the poster was f---tard

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:10 PM

I dont see why this would be a FML, but I personally feel that older children...like THAT old should nurse at home.  They dont nurse all that often and its kinda rare that they would NEED to nurse at a public park at age 8.

Magnolia7
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Well, the kid very well could have been 2 or less .... this person doesn't strike me as intelligent.  As my son got older he really just nursed before bed or when sick.  But I do remember those trip and falls where he wanted to comfort nurse while out an about.

What an egocentric focus -  a child breastfeeding means that her day is ruined?  Awesome people out there :)

larissalarie
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:11 PM
I guess I could see how in this day & age of people getting upset & in an uproar over seeing a nursing INFANT that seeing a child old enough to write a book report would be disturbing to almost everybody.
I don't think it would "ef my life" to see that, but I'd probably be really surprised.
And I'm no stranger to nursing an older kid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this

My opinion.. I am highly skeptical (meaning I don't buy it for a second) when I read that kind of stuff online. And I am one who has nursed all of her children into the late toddler years, and who has many friends and worked with many other moms who have done this as well.  :o) 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

justone_jen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, my first thought was, "Bullshit." 

Quoting catholicmamamia:

My opinion.. I am highly skeptical (meaning I don't buy it for a second) when I read that kind of stuff online. And I am one who has nursed all of her children into the late toddler years, and who has many friends and worked with many other moms who have done this as well.  :o) 

JMmama
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe MYOB would be more appropriate than FML...

Although, I also seriously doubt the child was 8. My bet is the child was just older than an infant.
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:59 PM
I'm sure the child was older but not 8.
VintageWife
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:12 PM

I'm not sure. I do extended for years, but 8 is not a NIP kinda age, imo. I bet the kid wasn't that age though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)