so i feel the need to get something off my chest. i have a few confessions to make. so yeah, here they are O.o
1) i almost never put my kids in clothing. and no, its not because i am trying to increase their vitamin D exposure or teach them chakra points. its because i am lazy and dont like having to do any more laundry that i absolutely have to.
2) my two (and a half) year old STILL drinks a water bottle at night. i know, i know its a bad habit. it hurts their teeth and will give them an oral phallic fixation when they are 45. but he really likes it and is stubborn and i like not fighting with him.
3) my kids love to eat hot dogs. mind you they are homemade hotdogs, but still they eat them quite often and usually mixed with (INSERT GASP) mac and cheese. in my defense the mac and cheese is usually gluten free. but not always. probably a 50/50 chance its one or the other.
4) they also eat sugar. last time they got sick they ate so much freaking honnamin (what my two year old calls cinnamon honey) i seriously went through an entire jar in a week. and i didnt stop them.
5) i also let them draw on the walls with chalk. and no, its not organic chalk bought from a free stade shop somewhere in peru. just normal chalk. its easy to clean up and if it keeps them busy for a half hour then i will take it.
6) i let them get as dirty as they want. seriously they get pretty gross sometimes. they can make pigpen look squeaky clean. i purposefully make mudpits outside for them to roll around in because they think its hilarious....and, well so do i. i also let the dogs lick them off after the consume hotdogs....or mac and cheese....or honnamin. i figure that saint bernard eats quite a bit of dog food and its her way of earning her keep.
7) every now and then i let them go CRAZY with a whole jar of peanut butter and they fingerpaint each other. then i let the dog in. i would put it on youtube but i dont want the hassle of dealing with cps or oprah.
8) i also let them have cracker fights. its sort of like a toddler style sword fight except with crackers instead of sharp objects. once again insert dog when its time to clean up.
9) sometimes we play the yelling game. we all start yelling as loud as we can while making funny faces. it usually gets to the point where it turns into the laughing game but either way its pretty loud and obnoxious. thank god my closest neighbor is a quarter mile away.
10) we also have living room shotput cometitions. i am the thrower and the are the shot. the arena is the living room with the couch being the landing center. long story short i usually end up with a neck strain but the kids dont really care about that.
so there you go. all my tragically horrible parenting flaws right out in the open. so please be gentle with me okay?!