Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

confessions of a crunchy mom

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:29 PM
  • 49 Replies

so i feel the need to get something off my chest.  i have a few confessions to make.  so yeah, here they are O.o

1) i almost never put my kids in clothing.  and no, its not because i am trying to increase their vitamin D exposure or teach them chakra points.  its because i am lazy and dont like having to do any more laundry that i absolutely have to.

2) my two (and a half) year old STILL drinks a water bottle at night.  i know, i know its a bad habit. it hurts their teeth and will give them an oral phallic fixation when they are 45.  but he really likes it and is stubborn and i like not fighting with him.

3)  my kids love to eat hot dogs.  mind you they are homemade hotdogs, but still they eat them quite often and usually mixed with (INSERT GASP) mac and cheese.  in my defense the mac and cheese is usually gluten free.  but not always.  probably a 50/50 chance its one or the other.

4)  they also eat sugar.  last time they got sick they ate so much freaking honnamin (what my two year old calls cinnamon honey) i seriously went through an entire jar in a week.  and i didnt stop them.

5)  i also let them draw on the walls with chalk.  and no, its not organic chalk bought from a free stade shop somewhere in peru.  just normal chalk.  its easy to clean up and if it keeps them busy for a half hour then i will take it.

6)  i let them get as dirty as they want.  seriously they get pretty gross sometimes.  they can make pigpen look squeaky clean.  i purposefully make mudpits outside for them to roll around in because they think its hilarious....and, well so do i.  i also let the dogs lick them off after the consume hotdogs....or mac and cheese....or honnamin.  i figure that saint bernard eats quite a bit of dog food and its her way of earning her keep. 

7)  every now and then i let them go CRAZY with a whole jar of peanut butter and they fingerpaint each other.  then i let the dog in.  i would put it on youtube but i dont want the hassle of dealing with cps or oprah.

8)  i also let them have cracker fights.  its sort of like a toddler style sword fight except with crackers instead of sharp objects.  once again insert dog when its time to clean up.

9)  sometimes we play the yelling game.  we all start yelling as loud as we can while making funny faces.  it usually gets to the point where it turns into the laughing game but either way its pretty loud and obnoxious.  thank god my closest neighbor is a quarter mile away.

10)  we also have living room shotput cometitions.  i am the thrower and the are the shot.  the arena is the living room with the couch being the landing center.  long story short i usually end up with a neck strain but the kids dont really care about that.

so there you go.  all my tragically horrible parenting flaws right out in the open.  so please be gentle with me okay?!

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Oh my word many of those sound messy enough ti give me a panic attack!!!!!!
Chalk on the walls is a great idea!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:37 PM

lol i dont panic, i just clean a lot :)

but the chalk does work really great!  now i have semigloss so if you have flat paint you might want to test a little out first tehe :)

Quoting melindabelcher:

Precious333
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Love thess confessions!!! It sounds like a fun loving, nurturing home :) and thats sk much more important than clean sugarfree/macncheese/hothogfree quiey kids!!!

Now my confession. Monday i said goodbye to crunchy for the day and we had jack in the box for breakfast, wendys for lunch and cereal for dinner (not organic)......bad mommy!

In my defense, we all got up to take daddy yo work 45 mins away, spend half of the day there, went straight tl the park for mu oldests basketball practice, and when we finally came home i was drained of all energy that i gave everyone cereal....and daddy is on crutches so ge could not help. This is hopefully a once a year deal. I hate fastfood!
ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Lol same! I wish I wasn't so anal about messes! Thoes sound fun.

Quoting melindabelcher:

tansyflower
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:40 PM

sometimes you just have to LET GO!!!!  but yeah fast food isnt all its cracked up to be thats for sure O.o

Quoting Precious333:

Love thess confessions!!! It sounds like a fun loving, nurturing home :) and thats sk much more important than clean sugarfree/macncheese/hothogfree quiey kids!!!

Now my confession. Monday i said goodbye to crunchy for the day and we had jack in the box for breakfast, wendys for lunch and cereal for dinner (not organic)......bad mommy!

In my defense, we all got up to take daddy yo work 45 mins away, spend half of the day there, went straight tl the park for mu oldests basketball practice, and when we finally came home i was drained of all energy that i gave everyone cereal....and daddy is on crutches so ge could not help. This is hopefully a once a year deal. I hate fastfood!

tansyflower
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:42 PM

i guess one day i just realized how much time i spent yelling at the kids and dh about "messing up" my clean house and i needed a change of pace.  purposeful messes are very fun to make!

my next mess project is going to be floor spagetti.  i am going to tape down a couple of plastic picnick table covers to the floor, dump a pot of spagetti with sauce onto it and let everyone roll around in it while they eat :)

Quoting ceckyl:

Lol same! I wish I wasn't so anal about messes! Thoes sound fun.

Quoting melindabelcher:

maddiesmommy5
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:45 PM

I have been known to also do #1,2,6,and 9 more then a few times. No judging here! I have never used dd as a shotput but I may or may not have been tempted a time or two.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry but these are wonderful confessions, you sound like a great, fun mom.
tansyflower
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:57 PM

BWAHAHAHA!!!!

Quoting maddiesmommy5:

I have been known to also do #1,2,6,and 9 more then a few times. No judging here! I have never used dd as a shotput but I may or may not have been tempted a time or two.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this
In the summer my kids are never fully clothed. And I let them run out side and get as dirty as they want.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)