Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Ideas for baby play anyone?

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:10 AM
  • 4 Replies

My DD is 10 months old and I am no longer working to stay home with her.  My hubby and I are big readers so we have more then spoiled her with books and I have pretty much memorized every single one. What games do/did you kiddos like around this age? We play peek a boo, we play tag, how big is baby,  and I help her play with her toys. 
Please help me out with some ideas.

Thank you mommies!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:15 AM
Anything! Sing songs, make stuff up about bath bubbles...tell stories, roll the ball.. Crumple paper.. Roll the crumpled paper.. Lots! Doesn't have to be a structures "game"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:07 AM
Putting things in and out of containers, cause and effect, peekaboo, hide toys under blanket while shes watching, simple 3 piece puzzles, copy cat(sounds and actions) read, nursery rhymes, singing, dancing, going for walk
Look into library groups, hospital groups, call your local early intervention they usually have local playgroups.
I'm a sahm youngest is 10mo.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:43 AM

We would play with pots and pans. Make drums from tupperware. Do water play. Lots of sensory activities. 

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this
My son loves taking things out of big containers, like baskets. He sits there and takes things out and then put them back in. He's a bit young for the little toys with the hole is them, but he uses boxes and my clean laundry basket.
He also loves drumming on things with wooden spoons and tents. I put a blanket over a chair, or hanging over the back of the couch and he crawls underneath and hides, or just crawls through.
He also likes opening the kitchen cabinets and pulling out the pots and pans, but that's not really a game. It's just something he can get away with while mommy's washing dishes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN