Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

coconut oil

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:01 AM
  • 25 Replies
what do you use it for?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rfurlongg
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:03 AM
I have used for some cooking, but family nixed it. Currently I use it as lotion for my son who has ezcema.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Magnolia7
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:29 AM

All sorts of stuff.  It's great for cooking, for fancy raw food recipes, as a skin lotion, to tame my frizzy hair ... It's our all purpose "boo-boo cream" for cuts, scrapes, and burns.  It's also a great base lotion for essential oil rubs.

joyful_mama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:49 AM

cooking, moisturizer, soap. Plan to use it to make my own deoderant too. Amazing stuff it is!

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Everything!

larissalarie
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Yes!!

Cooking, in homemade toothpaste, in homemade deodorant, facial moisturizer, on cuts & bruises...just a few off the top of my head!

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Everything!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vanityrayne
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Cooking, hair, skin, on my dog, diaper rash cream. D.O, making soap with it tomorrow.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommathea
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Quoting rfurlongg:

I have used for some cooking, but family nixed it. Currently I use it as lotion for my son who has ezcema.

Were you using the coconut 'flavored' oil?  I use the organic expeller pressed oil for cooking because the expeller process takes out the coconut flavor.

i use the cold pressed coconut oil for everything else.

Emschick38
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Quoting vanityrayne:

Cooking, hair, skin, on my dog, diaper rash cream. D.O, making soap with it tomorrow.

Is it safe with cloth diapers, or would it be better to put a liner in between the diaper and bum if used?

Emschick38
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:03 PM

and it sounds like I am going to love this stuff. Is there a way to use it in place of getting a pedi on really dry damaged feet? I mean really dry, like sahara dessert looks like an ocean compared to how dry my heals are, lol.  How would you use it to get rid of dead skin, if you can?

Mrs.Salz
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Everything! Diaper rash cream, moisturizer, base for homemade toothpastes and shaving creams, in homemade lotions, cooking...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)