Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

raising money for a midwife? edit....

Posted by   + Show Post

We are expecting number 4, got rid of most baby stuff, but i dont need much, plus i get lots of hand me downs anyways so i wasnt going to plan a baby shower.

Now, i really dont have peace about a hospital birth, dh is not comfortable with a uc, and i really want to stay home. So i was thinking of maybe doing a fundraiser party or something to make money for a midwife. What do you think? Anyone try something like this before?

ok, just to add: I was thinking of maybe having it as a gender reveal party, and just adding a gift basket we could raffle to help pay for a midwife. Would that be less tacky?

Also, want to do yard sales etc.

juliakf333. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Replies (61-62):
RochelleFS
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:06 AM
I wish I had advice but we saved before and during ttc, then made a payment arrangement with our midwife that gave us a discount for paying early. It sucks knowing you have insurance but it won't cover the birth you want. We chose to pay out of pocket because the midwife I wanted and felt most comfortable with for our home birth doesn't take insurance. And our insurance won't reimburse for out of network practioners. I really wish our health care system gave women more choice in birth. I hope you find a solution you are comfortable with.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Juice plus

Quoting VintageWife:

What is it? 

Quoting Precious333:

I actually may start selling a product i love.....so im hoping it works out!

Quoting peaches_04:

Is there maybe a craft or baby item you can make and sell

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN