Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting
I have a condition. I dont even remember the name (worse then hypotension) my blood pressure runs low, it's orthostatic so it drops while changing position quickly. I cant get to cold or my asthma gets bad. I can't get to hot or I will pass out. I black out from time to time I feel like the room is spinning. Bad headaches when it's low. Fatigue. High heart rate. (just standing still I can feel it come on. One of my more severe episodes my heart rate was 90 jumped to 160 with a b/p drop from 110/70 to 80/40)
I primarily drink as much fluids as I can and load my foods with as much salt as I can tolerate. It definetly helps. The drs recommended two different meds a couple years ago when leilani was still a baby but they said they aren't safe for woman who are pregnant or consider becoming pregnant or bf. They wanted me to stop bf and have no more kids.
Just wondering of anybody has knowledge about this stuff and any better way to manage it other then enough salt to choke a horse
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Replies (11-15):
Cynthje
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I have naturally low blood pressure, the lowest its been was 80/40 and i was not feeling very strong at the time, i had to up my sodium to get it up to 90/50 (regular sea salt). my family doctor always jokes that im the only pregnant wowan he ever treated that got told to up the sodium!

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Sprouts has this in bulk bins now. Yay!

Quoting SadieJames:

Himalayan pink sea salt is *supposed* to be the best kind of salt.  You can buy it pre ground or in blocks.  We use a block and grate it ourselves.  A lot of speciality spice shops carry it.

Quoting tansyflower:

my mom has wonky blood pressure (too high and then too low) and once she switched over to non refined sea salt it got much better.  i guess table salt and refined sea salt isnt as good for you...you want salt that has color to it and is pretty chunky.  she gets pink and grey stuff from france or something and grinds it down herself.

sorry i dont have any better advise!  i think getting in touch with a naturopath would be a good idea though :)

Quoting melindabelcher:

Just regular table salt or sea salt

Quoting tansyflower:

what kind of salt are you eating?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:27 PM
If you are not prone to seizures, rosemary oil could be great for you. Make a massage blend and have hubs rub your feet then put socks on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this
This girl well never turn down a massage.
I mean I guess i'll have to sacrifice for my health ;-)

Quoting jellyphish:

If you are not prone to seizures, rosemary oil could be great for you. Make a massage blend and have hubs rub your feet then put socks on.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Magnolia7
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:23 PM

The herb licorice is a great addition to the added salt in your diet.  You can drink it as a tea and I believe it comes in pills.  Tastes very sweet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)