Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Birth Control

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:13 AM
  • 5 Replies

When I first went on birth control I took the pill. Then after my DD was born, I went on the Nuva Ring. I was on it for five years when we finally decided we were ready to start TTC. It took us two years to get pregnant. My period was messed up and I was only ovulating every other month. I had to go on fertility meds just to get me regular. It was a nightmare! So now I am trying to figure out what I am going to do after this pregnancy. What are some birth control options that I can look into? I don't want anything permanent because I want to have more children. Any suggestions?

~Jen~ Group Owner of Bringing Birth Home.    http://www.cafemom.com/group/116103                                                                                                              I am a home birthing, breastfeeding, midwife using, cloth diapering, delayed cord cutting, natural birthing type of mama!

Pregnancy%20ticker
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
larissalarie
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:22 AM
If you're going to breastfeed, you shouldn't use anything with estrogen (like nuvaring)
Things you can use while bf that aren't permanent: mini pill, IUD (Paragard is hormone free, Mirena is not), Depo aka "the shot", Implanon, diaphragm, condoms, or natural family planning
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommathea
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I will be using a diaphragm after my little one is born. I will not use hormonal birth control. 

armyvet06
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:32 AM
I have the nexplanon. Its an updated version of the implanon. They actually did away with the implanon. Its good for 3 years. You can even have it removed before the 3 years is up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:32 AM

LAM (lactational amenorrhea method) and then NFP once your cycles come back. Taking Charge of Your Fertility is a great resource.

louzannalady
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Fem Cap or diaphragm and Contragel (it is a natural spermicide approved by the EU, that our FDA won't touch.. for whatever reason, though it is safer)! : ) And chart using the OvuView app on an Android phone (if you have one) so you can use add condoms on fertile days! : ) 

http://ladytobaby.com/show.php?item=184

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN