Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Kitchen booster seat

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:05 PM
  • 22 Replies

So it's time for ds to move from the high chair to a booster seat. I really don't want a plastic booster seat. I would love a wooden one but all the ones I have found have zero reviews. I went through so many boosters with dd. I just want one good one. Suggestions? Experience? 

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:17 PM
What about buying used?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids have never used a booster seat.
I have a friend who had a wooden toy company, I could give you their contact info and you could see about having them make you one?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoodyBrook
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you seen the tall wooden youth chairs from IKEA?  They're taller than a regular chair, so they'd work instead of putting a booster on top of a regular chair...

catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:32 AM
2 moms liked this

I was just looking at the Stokke Tripp Trapp..  :o) 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

thundersky
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this

i just took the tray off my high chair and slid the chair up to the table. it worked till my DD was ready to sit in a really chair or at least kneel in one. i dont know how yours work but that might be an option instead of buying a booster seat.

littlelambe2
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:49 AM
1 mom liked this

We went straight froma high hair to a regular chair. We actually switched when we had trouble keeping dd sitting in her high chair to eat - she preferred to stand. We let her stand on a normal chair. As she got taller, she knelt. Now she's sitting. What are the return policies like on the wooden booster seats? If its an easy return, I'd be tempted to buy, and really check out the construction and quality once I got it home. 

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:17 AM

That would be great. THanks

Quoting larissalarie:

My kids have never used a booster seat.
I have a friend who had a wooden toy company, I could give you their contact info and you could see about having them make you one?

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:19 AM

I have only seen them online so I would have to check the website. 

Quoting littlelambe2:

We went straight froma high hair to a regular chair. We actually switched when we had trouble keeping dd sitting in her high chair to eat - she preferred to stand. We let her stand on a normal chair. As she got taller, she knelt. Now she's sitting. What are the return policies like on the wooden booster seats? If its an easy return, I'd be tempted to buy, and really check out the construction and quality once I got it home. 

YzmaRocks
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:19 AM
I use a plastic one (my kids go straight to that, no high chair). If you are worried about it breaking, it is very solid and has been through three kiddos and will make it through a fourth easily. I have never seen a wooden one.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:22 AM

After seeing the movie bagless we have been really trying to stop using plastic. 

Quoting YzmaRocks:

I use a plastic one (my kids go straight to that, no high chair). If you are worried about it breaking, it is very solid and has been through three kiddos and will make it through a fourth easily. I have never seen a wooden one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN