Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

float or sink-maybe TMI

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:58 AM
  • 8 Replies

okay, does it matter if bowel movements float or sink? I noticed this because my daughters always sink  but mine always float. Not sometimes ALWAYS. Is this normal or not?

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sj3starz
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Floating usually means high fat content in your diet. Usually happens when people eat fast food or a ton of meat... From experience anyway. There may be other causes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:56 AM
2 moms liked this

it happens when your body is not processing fat correctly. it was something my dr asked me about when i couldn't stop losing weight after having ds. the occasional float is fine, but bm's should consistently be sinking to indicate that your body has absorbed fat correctly. IMO what you described is something to get checked out.

VintageWife
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I don't watch Dr. Oz, but it was on once at the Drs office and they were talking about that. One of them is good and the other is bad. Also, a good one should have an 'S' type of shape or something like that. My kids' sink but I think mine float. I'll have to look next time.

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Hmm. I guess it depends why your poo floats. If the fat and oil content in your diet is good fat from avocados and such, floaties are good. A sinky poo may also mean you lack fiber. That's what I remember from high school health class anyway.
As far as baby, though, I notice heras sinks, but it's really just the solid food pieces that don't digest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I remember reading something about which one is good and which one is bad but I can't remember lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Quoting jconney80:

I remember reading something about which one is good and which one is bad but I can't remember lol

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
vanityrayne
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:31 PM
It floats bc there's gas in it.
peaches_04
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:11 AM
Floating usually means its fatty like in celiac disease

Id suggest switching to a gluten free diet
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN