Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

ARGH hate my hospital

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:54 AM
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this

My SIL was wanting a VBAC, was lied to by doctors last time and had a csection.  She was 3 days overdue and thought her water broke.  After 2 hours her mom and dad stressed her out enough she went to the hospital with barely there contractions.  Turns out her water didnt break..didnt find that out for 3 hours.  They stuck her in a bed on monitors, refusing to do anything for her, refusing to allow her to walk, said she couldnt have meds for induction(dont understand why she would need them, why not let her move).  Second she got there nurses were like she needs a csection, when is her csection scheduled. BIL had to tell them mom wants a vbac.  They convinced her to do an US which of course shows a LARGE baby and freaked her out.  Nurses told her about uterine rupture and gave her wrong % of course.  But what do I know I am not a nurse or doctor and havent had a csection.  They told her at 11am she would have a csection at 3pm, then moved it to 5..then that got pushed back til 8pm because of emergency csections.  There were 12 csections yesterday btw in all.  From 11am -815pm they monitored baby but NOT contractions, no one checked her dilation at all.  When she had the csection baby was dropped so far and I believe she was so dilated that they had a really hard time getting him out.  They had convinced her baby would never drop btw.

He was 9lbs 5 oz and 21 3/4 inches long, now shes having issues nursing because they gave him formula and bottles in the nursery and theres no LC on duty...heading up there soon to see if I can help.  I hate the local hospital...and is all we have.  Thank god for homebirth

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hapababies
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:56 AM
That is a nightmare. I hope your sister and her newborn can get in sync with nursing soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:57 PM

That's all just nuts! She's probably convinced it's for the best though.

GoodyBrook
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:27 PM

It should be illegal for practitioners with their own agenda to prey on the delicate emotions of a woman in labor...  Bastards!

jconney80
by Group Mod on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Oh yikes!! That sucks =( I really really hope you can help her nurse successfully!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:36 PM

: *( 

907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Bleh total crap.. So sorry that she went through that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Omg! :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amycapl
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:15 PM

holy shit, that's terrifying! 

vanityrayne
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Ugh I'm so sorry
melindabelcher
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Agreed.
I'm so sorry Tabi! At least she has you to hopefully help her with the bf

Quoting GoodyBrook:

It should be illegal for practitioners with their own agenda to prey on the delicate emotions of a woman in labor...  Bastards!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)