Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is in these eggs???

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:01 AM
  • 17 Replies
I hope I didn't post this already. I don't think I did.

My two younger kids are severely allergic to eggs. My family has avoided them for 2 years. My son can't eat regular grocery store chicken but can eat Amish raised or free range chicken. So when we went PaleoI I decided to test free range grain fed eggs on their skin. They had no reaction! Then I gave them a tiny bit and as they had no reaction I tested with more and more. Now they're eating them with no problems!! I'm so excited as we have no choices for breakfast foods.

But does anyone know what the heck they could be allergic to in eggs? Or what is it? It's scary and disgusting! I'm kind of mad!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tansyflower
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:03 AM

i am not sure!  but my niece is totally lactose intolerant....unless its raw milk.  then it doesnt bother her at all!

jconney80
by Group Mod on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:07 AM
That is so weird! I've heard this too! I'm scared to try milk with my son. That's probably why I didn't try this sooner.

I'm so gladi didn't vaccinate him. Can you imagine that reaction? That would probably almost kill him. He's had an anaphylaxis reaction before. I still don't know what it was from but probably milk or egg.

Quoting tansyflower:

i am not sure!  but my niece is totally lactose intolerant....unless its raw milk.  then it doesnt bother her at all!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hapababies
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:08 AM
It may be what the chickens are eating that are causing you Lo's allergic reaction.
Have you tested organic, cage free, grain fed grocery store eggs for an allergic reaction?
We used to get our eggs fresh from a guy that my dad works with. After hurricane sandy, they all completely stopped producing eggs. I miss those eggs so much :'(. His chickens were free range(never cooped up, unless they wanted to be), ate what whatever came natural to them, and the eggs wouldn't be older than a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:10 AM

poor baby boy :(  that has got to be so scary!

Quoting jconney80:

That is so weird! I've heard this too! I'm scared to try milk with my son. That's probably why I didn't try this sooner.

I'm so gladi didn't vaccinate him. Can you imagine that reaction? That would probably almost kill him. He's had an anaphylaxis reaction before. I still don't know what it was from but probably milk or egg.

Quoting tansyflower:

jconney80
by Group Mod on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this
That's what I was thinking! I tested cage free grain fed eggs and they can eat them!!

Quoting hapababies:

It may be what the chickens are eating that are causing you Lo's allergic reaction.

Have you tested organic, cage free, grain fed grocery store eggs for an allergic reaction?

We used to get our eggs fresh from a guy that my dad works with. After hurricane sandy, they all completely stopped producing eggs. I miss those eggs so much :'(. His chickens were free range(never cooped up, unless they wanted to be), ate what whatever came natural to them, and the eggs wouldn't be older than a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sjk_maybe_mom
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Interesting. Ds can't eat eggs. Things with eggs in them are fine, but just eggs....right back up w/i 30 mins. May have to get brave and try free range w/ him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
One-n-Counting
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:44 AM
They give Chickens hormones and antibiotics... Bleach is also used to make eggs and chickens look more Appealing.

We buy local old fashion farm raised eggs.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:29 AM
I know about the hormones and ABX but not the bleach. That's disgusting. I'm just curious what they feed chickens that would cause this. Gross

Quoting One-n-Counting:

They give Chickens hormones and antibiotics... Bleach is also used to make eggs and chickens look more Appealing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:58 AM

I thought it had to do with what the chickens were fed, but IDK

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

maddiesmommy5
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting One-n-Counting:

this! also i know its kinda off topic but the chickens are kept in horrible conditions many birds to one tiny cage,they are often sick and left to die:( we get our eggs from a local farm or family and they taste so much better. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)