Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting
I hope I didn't post this already. I don't think I did.

My two younger kids are severely allergic to eggs. My family has avoided them for 2 years. My son can't eat regular grocery store chicken but can eat Amish raised or free range chicken. So when we went PaleoI I decided to test free range grain fed eggs on their skin. They had no reaction! Then I gave them a tiny bit and as they had no reaction I tested with more and more. Now they're eating them with no problems!! I'm so excited as we have no choices for breakfast foods.

But does anyone know what the heck they could be allergic to in eggs? Or what is it? It's scary and disgusting! I'm kind of mad!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Replies (11-17):
Amycapl
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:39 AM

we went vegan mostly because of the shady and unsustainable practices of the factory farming business.  also for ethical reasons. 

One-n-Counting
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:09 AM
I'm half asleep lol so forgive me (BF and going threw a growth spurt).
My point was that they put hormones and antibiotics in their feed.

I'm allergic to ten antibiotics and cow dairy. I can have goat dairy. but goats are rarely given hormones and antibiotics because there a harder animal... I can't even have lactose free cow dairy so I've always wondered if it has to do with the stuff they give them.

Quoting jconney80:

I know about the hormones and ABX but not the bleach. That's disgusting. I'm just curious what they feed chickens that would cause this. Gross

Quoting One-n-Counting:

They give Chickens hormones and antibiotics... Bleach is also used to make eggs and chickens look more Appealing.

We buy local old fashion farm raised eggs.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Conventional chickens are fed GMO corn and soy along with hormones and antibiotics... that'd be my guess.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:03 AM

wow that is scary that they can't eat the store ones.  What are they putting in them!!  I'm so glad they can eat the free range grain fed eggs, that's such good news.

lifeforchrist
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:02 PM

i have this problem. I get so sick from eggs that arent free range. free range eggs get a veggie feed of usually corn and soy along with their ranging. But a lot of penned chickens actually get chicken by products, that is they feed them parts of other chickens...they aren't supposed to eat that junk. They also feed them cheap things like wheat. It completely changes the composition of the egg.

audreesmama
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:07 PM

I don't know! 

I just want to say--I've always been health conscious, to an extent. This group has given me SO much information and made me question my choices and my family's eating habits so much. Posts like this make me think.

Thank you for sharing, but I have absolutely no idea. It does concern me for my own family, but we don't have any allergies. I don't think I'll be buying grocery store eggs again.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:18 PM
I need to get some of those eggs!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)