Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

So, apparently I'm only for natural birth because I've never had one!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:03 AM
  • 39 Replies

So, I was looking back at conversations with my SIL and she told me a while back that if I had a natural birth I wouldn't be for them and that having a c-section I'm biased toward natural birth. This was months before her c-section decision. No, I'm for information, statistics, and the experience of other women. All of those point to natural birth being the healthiest option except in rare cases. I'm still trying to learn to see if I can't have a natural birth VBAC.

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peaches_04
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Ive had a natural birth and am for natural birth
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MonicaV1982
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:14 AM

I don't get people sometimes!

Quoting peaches_04:

Ive had a natural birth and am for natural birth

peaches_04
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Vbac is usually safer then a repeat csection good luck
MonicaV1982
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:25 AM

I have extensive scarring from having my anus moved (TMI sorry) from right next to my vagina back further and couldn't find information and the midwife said that I would tear completely and possibly lose the very little amount of sphincter control I do have. I'm still trying to A) find information to see if even with all the scar tissue I can have a vaginal birth, and B) a doctor/midwife that is willing to assist me in a VBAC. (I want to have him or her when I'm pregnant and delivering at George WA University).

Quoting peaches_04:

alibrezzy154
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:30 AM
Ha ha ha people have odd ways of thinking sometimes. My completely natural birth with my son was a walk in the park compared to my induced epidural birth with my daughter. Never had a c section so cant relate.
peaches_04
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:31 AM
Why was it moved

Quoting MonicaV1982:

I have extensive scarring from having my anus moved (TMI sorry) from right next to my vagina back further and couldn't find information and the midwife said that I would tear completely and possibly lose the very little amount of sphincter control I do have. I'm still trying to A) find information to see if even with all the scar tissue I can have a vaginal birth, and B) a doctor/midwife that is willing to assist me in a VBAC. (I want to have him or her when I'm pregnant and delivering at George WA University).

Quoting peaches_04:

MonicaV1982
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:52 AM

I was born with an imperforate anus and it was literally hugging my vagina. I have to ask my parents otherwise. I was 5 weeks old at the time.

Quoting peaches_04:

Why was it moved

Quoting MonicaV1982:

Quoting peaches_04:

MonicaV1982
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:54 AM

To be fair my c-section recovery was easy. Then again I had a surgery at 11 which ended up in a surprise 6 hour malrotation correction (my entire bowel was turned around and kinked up and my appendix wasn't even hooked on) and a history of bowel obstruction. Now, you wake up from having all your insides handled and moved around. That's pain! I was off the c-section meds, even the ibuprofen by day 6.

Quoting alibrezzy154:

Ha ha ha people have odd ways of thinking sometimes. My completely natural birth with my son was a walk in the park compared to my induced epidural birth with my daughter. Never had a c section so cant relate.

MommaGreenhalge
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I've had a cesarean, an epidural induction, and a natural birth. I'm still in favor of natural birth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:03 AM
2 moms liked this
Well I suppose by that logic, SHE should now be very in favor of natural birth!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN