Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

So, apparently I'm only for natural birth because I've never had one!

Posted by   + Show Post

So, I was looking back at conversations with my SIL and she told me a while back that if I had a natural birth I wouldn't be for them and that having a c-section I'm biased toward natural birth. This was months before her c-section decision. No, I'm for information, statistics, and the experience of other women. All of those point to natural birth being the healthiest option except in rare cases. I'm still trying to learn to see if I can't have a natural birth VBAC.

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:03 AM
Replies (31-39):
mrs.hartman12
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Well your vbac would be better natural because you will work with your body, decreasing your chance of tearing. I would interview lots of homebirth midwives, they tend to trust the body more.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
YzmaRocks
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:01 PM
2 moms liked this
People told me that when I was pregnant with my first, that I only wanted one because I hadn't had one. Well, I am now planning my 4th natural birth. Take that, nay sayers!
catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:03 PM

LOL.. love it! 

Quoting larissalarie: Well I suppose by that logic, SHE should now be very in favor of natural birth!

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Most definitely! 

Quoting VintageWife: That was pretty ignorant of her.

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

Tay06
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:33 AM

I think you should do what you are comfortable with.  I think for some women epidurals are better.  I think my sister getting an epidural would be better for everyone else in the hospital for example.  haha.  I didn't get any medications and I was very happy with my birth experience.  Yes, it's painful, but even more so, it's rewarding.  Your body will surprise you.

MonicaV1982
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:41 AM

I agree. Though wish she would have researched the decision to allow a c-section at least.

Quoting Tay06:

I think you should do what you are comfortable with.  I think for some women epidurals are better.  I think my sister getting an epidural would be better for everyone else in the hospital for example.  haha.  I didn't get any medications and I was very happy with my birth experience.  Yes, it's painful, but even more so, it's rewarding.  Your body will surprise you.

MonicaV1982
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:47 AM

I live in Northern Virginia and am on Tricare Standard. Besides I don't know if having a homebirth in an apartment is a good idea. I was looking at Medstar GWU cause they're rated baby friendly and their midwives have a natural birth VBAC program. you have to adhere to a special diet and exercise program. My real issue is finding help for my husband for the first bit after the birth.

Quoting mrs.hartman12:

Well your vbac would be better natural because you will work with your body, decreasing your chance of tearing. I would interview lots of homebirth midwives, they tend to trust the body more.

chiarore
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Wisdom midwifery's great, you have some good options in NoVa.

Quoting MonicaV1982:

I live in Northern Virginia and am on Tricare Standard. Besides I don't know if having a homebirth in an apartment is a good idea. I was looking at Medstar GWU cause they're rated baby friendly and their midwives have a natural birth VBAC program. you have to adhere to a special diet and exercise program. My real issue is finding help for my husband for the first bit after the birth.

Quoting mrs.hartman12:

ImNotKarl
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I had a natural birth with my son, and I'm still so for them I'm having one with this baby too. Not only that, but I'm using my midwife and going to the birth center again. Pain is temporary. Knowledge and doing the best you can for your body and baby is forever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)