Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So I was talking to DH about going all cloth for the household, except family cloth( don't know if even I could do them) I already cloth diaper and use mama cloth. So he wasn't totally against un paper towels and cloth hankies and napkins! So excited!! I found some really pretty towels on Etsy :)

Also has anyone used cloth knitted scrubies for doing dishes?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:59 AM
Replies (11-19):
notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:55 AM

We use cloth for everything. I buy paper towels occasionally because nothing cleans windows like a nice paper towel, but we do everything, even family cloth.

At first we were just going to use it for us girls when we pee and then I was tired of the kids having TP "crumbs" when I wiped them and then I just started using it and SO refused. Well we ran out of TP and he started using wipes and he won't go back to normal TP now!

907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:44 PM
It's not the using.. It's the washing lol :)

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

We use cloth for everything. I buy paper towels occasionally because nothing cleans windows like a nice paper towel, but we do everything, even family cloth.

At first we were just going to use it for us girls when we pee and then I was tired of the kids having TP "crumbs" when I wiped them and then I just started using it and SO refused. Well we ran out of TP and he started using wipes and he won't go back to normal TP now!

notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't currently have anyone in diapers so I just wash them alone in a load. Little bit of bleach and regular homemade detergent. You could use TTO as a disinfectant as well. They come out clean and great.

This is coming from someone who refused to switch to cloth for over a year after being introduced because I could not get over the poop in my washer. lol

Quoting 907PickleMom:

It's not the using.. It's the washing lol :)

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

nicole2884
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:36 PM

we just use wash cloths for dishes an wash them with the rest of the towels 

peaches_04
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:03 PM
I wish i could get dh onboard with cloth towels but he loves his paper towels;(
907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:06 PM
DH is usually un green but I showed him the rough $$$$ saved over time....

Quoting peaches_04:

I wish i could get dh onboard with cloth towels but he loves his paper towels;(

catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:18 PM

That's great! 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this

We have lots of kitchen washcloths and dishtowels for washing/drying dishes.. :o) 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this
The knitted scrubbies are nice. I use family cloth for pee, its actually not bad at all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)