Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

OT: Cat peeps, a question. *update*

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:45 AM
  • 21 Replies

Cat people. Our older cat, she's about 7 yrs old, has gone crazy in the last couple of months. I don't know what to do with her! She acts so weird. This morning I caught her just as she started to pee on my bed! She's never done stuff like this before. We caught her peeing on the sideboard one day too. The couch once. It's not just that either, just her general demeanor is... just weird/different. Any thoughts about what could be going on with her?

This is the fourth time I've been pregnant with her in the house so I really don't think that's it, she's never gotten weird when I've been pg before.

2/5

We didn't take her to the vet. We tried a home remedy of acv in water. She's not peed outside her box since. :) She seems more herself too. :)

Pregnancy%20ticker

http://livinginjoyfulchaos.blogspot.com/
Make a pregnancy ticker
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VintageWife
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I had a cat start doing that at 7 yrs. We ended up moving her out to my grt-gpa's farm. After the peeing random places, she became senile or something and became violent. She'd totally come at someone randomly.

skylarkdancer
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Take her to the vet she nay have a uti. That's how they tell u somethings wrong. They pee in other places
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
joyful_mama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I hope it doesn't come to that. :(

Quoting VintageWife:

I had a cat start doing that at 7 yrs. We ended up moving her out to my grt-gpa's farm. After the peeing random places, she became senile or something and became violent. She'd totally come at someone randomly.

Pregnancy%20ticker

http://livinginjoyfulchaos.blogspot.com/
Make a pregnancy ticker
BeachMama05
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:06 AM
I had a cat for 6 years .. she started acting crazy and wierd when she got fleas .. I know it sounds silly .. she wouldn't stay off my kitchen table and even caught her pooping on my floor ..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SadieJames
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:38 PM

UTI probably.  Every single time our cat pees outside he box it's a UTI.  Our cat is 12 - they're more prone the older they get.  they go outside the box because they mistakenly associate the pain of peeing with a UTI with their box.

nicole2884
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:38 PM

maybe she has an infection 

or

he eye sight is going 

that is odd idk

EthansMomma2010
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:35 PM

have her checked for a uti. my cat started doing this around 10 year old and then started pooping everywhere and we finally had to put her down. :( but i would definately check the uti first.

GoodyBrook
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Generally if a cat starts crapping on your bed, they're upset by the status quo.  Not sure what the peeing there means, though.  As cats are normally sooooo clean, I'd take her peeing outside her box as a "cry for help" and not as a sign on dementia.  (Our 16 year old cat is honestly looney, but she ALWAYS uses the cat box!)  Hopefully your Vet will find out what's going on...

MrsKish
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Quoting joyful_mama:

Cat people. Our older cat, she's about 7 yrs old, has gone crazy in the last couple of months. I don't know what to do with her! She acts so weird. This morning I caught her just as she started to pee on my bed! She's never done stuff like this before. We caught her peeing on the sideboard one day too. The couch once. It's not just that either, just her general demeanor is... just weird/different. Any thoughts about what could be going on with her?

This is the fourth time I've been pregnant with her in the house so I really don't think that's it, she's never gotten weird when I've been pg before.

is she fixed?

do you have ANY new pets?

is she a indoors only cat?

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:22 PM
First thing that comes to mind is UTI. I'd get her checked. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN