Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

OT: Cat peeps, a question. *update*

Posted by   + Show Post

Cat people. Our older cat, she's about 7 yrs old, has gone crazy in the last couple of months. I don't know what to do with her! She acts so weird. This morning I caught her just as she started to pee on my bed! She's never done stuff like this before. We caught her peeing on the sideboard one day too. The couch once. It's not just that either, just her general demeanor is... just weird/different. Any thoughts about what could be going on with her?

This is the fourth time I've been pregnant with her in the house so I really don't think that's it, she's never gotten weird when I've been pg before.

2/5

We didn't take her to the vet. We tried a home remedy of acv in water. She's not peed outside her box since. :) She seems more herself too. :)

Pregnancy%20ticker

http://livinginjoyfulchaos.blogspot.com/
Make a pregnancy ticker
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Replies (11-20):
joyful_mama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Quoting MrsKish:

Quoting joyful_mama:

Cat people. Our older cat, she's about 7 yrs old, has gone crazy in the last couple of months. I don't know what to do with her! She acts so weird. This morning I caught her just as she started to pee on my bed! She's never done stuff like this before. We caught her peeing on the sideboard one day too. The couch once. It's not just that either, just her general demeanor is... just weird/different. Any thoughts about what could be going on with her?

This is the fourth time I've been pregnant with her in the house so I really don't think that's it, she's never gotten weird when I've been pg before.

is she fixed?

do you have ANY new pets?

is she a indoors only cat?

Yes

We have a kitten that we've had for a couple months. We have lots of kittens come through our house. My son is always finding strays. She doesn't go near them and we do keep them contained until we've had them to the vet.

No. she goes outside some. She just hangs out in the yard.

Pregnancy%20ticker

Make a pregnancy ticker
catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:49 PM

BUMP for pet people.. :o) 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

gamelas
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:07 AM

that sounds like she has an infection. I'd take her in and get her treated.  

kiki2382
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Sounds like the issues coincide with the new kitty. If it's not UTI, find a new home for the new kitty.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
joyful_mama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:45 AM

We've had lots of 'new' kitties. My son is always finding stray kittens, most of them needing a good amount of vet care. The neighbors do not spay/neuter their cats and so there are always more around. Getting rid of this kitten will be hard. She is disabled. She can't walk. 

Quoting kiki2382:

Sounds like the issues coincide with the new kitty. If it's not UTI, find a new home for the new kitty.

Pregnancy%20ticker

Make a pregnancy ticker
pipers_mom
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Possibly a UTI. My cat is 8ish and randomly started peeing on the stove a few months back. I'd pissed her off when I moved the furniture around. She peed on my jacket a few weeks back because I had moved her food and water bowls over a few inches.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kiki2382
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Poor kitty...hopefully it's just UTI and can be easily resolved.

Quoting joyful_mama:

We've had lots of 'new' kitties. My son is always finding stray kittens, most of them needing a good amount of vet care. The neighbors do not spay/neuter their cats and so there are always more around. Getting rid of this kitten will be hard. She is disabled. She can't walk. 

Quoting kiki2382:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Pregnancy does that to some cats...YOUR pregnancy, but have ehr checked for a UTI

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Oh no I hope she's ok.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:34 PM

are you going to take her in to check out a UTI?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)