Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

I've been wanting to get one sooooooo bad, but I don't want to spend the money if they aren't worth it. I have a carrier now, but its HELL on my back already and my daughter is only 3 months and weighs about 12 pounds. It's a backpack style, but worn in front. I've read reviews, but I figured I would come and ask here before splurging. Also, any suggestions are welcome. Not sure if body type matters, but I'm 5'3", weigh about 128, and my chest is on the large side.

thanks Ladies!

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Replies (21-24):
Mommy2justone
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I think they only hold up to 15lbs until they start to get saggy. 
What about a different carrier, like a boba or an ergo?
I also love my rings slings, they are awesome, even up to toddler size. 

Lynette
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:02 PM

love my Moby with all my heart!  Definitely a yay!

I have used a ring sling, it hurt my back and shoulders.  I have an Ergo, it's okay.  Hurts my back to front carry with it, so I only back carry with it.  I love the way I can put the Moby on before I leave the house and can pop baby in it without any work, then pull my coat closed over baby and I. 

Lynette-Homeschooling SAHM  of 4.  Living in WI. 

Come join me in LDS Homeschoolers

haleykj
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:21 PM
I adored my moby but didn't get to use it long. I spent 20 on it and it was well worth it. If I HAD to buy one new tho I think I would but next time I'm doing it when she's a newborn. The wrapping didnt bother me after the first time it's just as easy as any other carrier IMO. At three months I say yay. Moby is amazing :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I disliked mine. It was too hard to do myself, especially since it would drag on the floor a lot while I tried to wrap myself since I am 5'4". I just could never get it tight enough without my husband's help. I much preferred slings for the beginning stage.  We will move onto a carrier type like the Ergo after baby is older.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN