Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

I've been wanting to get one sooooooo bad, but I don't want to spend the money if they aren't worth it. I have a carrier now, but its HELL on my back already and my daughter is only 3 months and weighs about 12 pounds. It's a backpack style, but worn in front. I've read reviews, but I figured I would come and ask here before splurging. Also, any suggestions are welcome. Not sure if body type matters, but I'm 5'3", weigh about 128, and my chest is on the large side.

thanks Ladies!

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Replies (11-20):
lifeforchrist
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:00 PM

i prefered my moby wrap over my beck in the early stages. it keeps baby snuggled up more and in a better position to sleep without bothering the baby. Its easier to nurse in and stay covered too. but after 4 months or so i was done.

la_bella_vita
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Yay!

Brandy85412
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I had a moby type wrap, my friend made me. I loved it for when my baby was tiny. I think I stoped using it around 5 or 6 months. What you do is put it on at home if your going to the store so your not standing there putting it on outside.  I have heard that ergos are great! So if your going to spent a lot of money on one I would go with a ergo they grow with the child a lot better.

catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:58 PM

With a newborn.. yay. With bigger/older babies.. ring sling, mei tai, or ssc. 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

bloomsr
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:44 AM
I would say no. I am 5'1" and about 115. I find the wrap style carriers to be cumbersome and difficult to wear comfortably. Idk if its bc I'm short or if I just don't like them. I love my Kangaroo Korner sling carrier for new baby phase and them Ergo after 6-8 months old.
Cpop1980
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Nay, you're almost passed the weight limit already and it really is a pain to put on. If I could do it over again, is have bought a maya
isaacsmommy68
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:08 AM

Yah! I love mine. You do have to use it a few times to get the wrap adjusted the way you want. It doesnt strain your back at all. The weight is 8-35lbs. I also have the Moby-GO it is a carrier style one for babies 15-45lbs. It is easier to get on. I have a ring sling too, but when my baby wiggles he squirms out of it too easy. Try one, you can always return it if you dont like it. (My boy is 19lbs and does just fine in this)

GeoRocks
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Nay. We are pretty active and both my kids were big and it was sagging by the time they were three months. We went with he Ergo.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommaslilmen
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:56 PM

I LOVE the moby wrap. I used a snugli with my oldest (who still is a very light child) and my back was killing me. I used the moby with my youngest (who is much heavier) and never had any back issues. I'm 5'1. If you search around there are simple how to's on how to make your own.

mommaslilmen
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:57 PM

the weight limit is 35lbs

Quoting Cpop1980:

Nay, you're almost passed the weight limit already and it really is a pain to put on. If I could do it over again, is have bought a maya

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN