Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting
So I told my mother in law that I'm seeing a midwife. Her facial expression told me how she felt about that. Then I told her that I was going for a natural birth. The shock in her face almost had me rolling on the floor. My husband was trying to explain our reasons and she just said not me I needed drugs!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Replies (11-13):
mommaslilmen
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:44 PM

df's mouth about dropped to the ground when I told our midwife I wanted to try for natural. He knows I have a VERY low pain tolerance and as he puts it "your soo tiny, im afraid of you getting hurt too badly"

i love him, and he promises to be my support and not push drugs :)

mommytotwonow
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:52 PM
2 moms liked this

i will not tell my mil thati want a home birth. not worth the stress. dh will call them to come see the baby once he/she is born.

Quoting amazzonia:

mils.....why do they always have to be against they dils decisions?!?!?!? can't wait to be pregnant again to tell her that I'll have a homebirth lol for sure I'm going to tape that!

OP dont talk about that stuff with people that are negative. you can do and you dont need the bad energy!

amazzonia
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:06 PM

They live overseas so there is nothing much they can do, just not answer Skype when they call lol, but it understand why you are not going to tell anyone, if they lived anywhere nearer I wouldn't tell them either 

Quoting mommytotwonow:

i will not tell my mil thati want a home birth. not worth the stress. dh will call them to come see the baby once he/she is born.

Quoting amazzonia:

mils.....why do they always have to be against they dils decisions?!?!?!? can't wait to be pregnant again to tell her that I'll have a homebirth lol for sure I'm going to tape that!

OP dont talk about that stuff with people that are negative. you can do and you dont need the bad energy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)