Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

CDing for two years and people are still trying to talk me out of it!

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:32 AM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

Several people are shocked that I'm going to "attempt" to cloth diaper two kids once our baby comes in about a month. A few people have offered to buy disposables so that I "don't have to worry about cloth"... because, you know, it's so hard to throw in a load of laundry.

I appreciate their good intentions, but I find it funny that so many people are so opposed to the whole cloth idea. Either way, I still have to change twice as many diapers, regardless of what it's made of.

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
isaacsmommy68
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:40 AM

My husband was weary when I wanted to cloth diaper. I did it with my first (he is 10 now). After I showed him how to use them and he saw how much diapers cost, he uses them now. I like the one size pockets. I dont know why people are so opposed to them. When I used disposable we would have 2 huge garbage bags a week full!! Plus they look so cute! If people ask just smile and said "I like them". that usually ends it.

larissalarie
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:48 AM
4 moms liked this
It's definitely odd how much people care about things that don't affect them in the slightest...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:10 PM
I find it crazy people cant leave well enough alone. Its not like you havent cd before..geez.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JMmama
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this
It never ceases to amaze me what other people seem to think is their business.
VintageWife
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Lmbo...you should say something stupid like, "Are you kidding? I'm going to be throwing dh's in anyway, why not toss the kids' in with them?"

Momma2013
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:55 PM

If you go to the packaging, you can actually save a lot of time using sponsors haha. The box says lasts up tp 12 hours I believe I just saw this past weekend. I don't know any cloth diaper maker who would ever advertise that!  ;) I hope they leave you alone, after a while I get sick of hearing people's comments and get snippy and say, "my kid, my choice"

You seem much nicer though. And btw, no ill never leave any child in a wet diaper, no matter the type they should be changed as soon as they're wet or soiled in. But the box really said that. :)

nikzup03
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Oh I know this one. My sister is going through it too. Her first is due end of feb and all her friends tell her bf and cd are hard work so she shouldn't do it. Then they talk about their (negative) exp. Goodness. Life is hard work, being a mom is hard work. Being alive is hard work. It drives me crazy. I'm due with twins end of July, bf and cd both, people do have their opinions, ones who don't know me tell me it's hard work (granted I know twins will be hard work, but you get what I mean,they will be my 3rd and 4th, pretty much know my mommy style by now)
kiki2382
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:07 PM
12 hours does seem excessive, but I thinking/hoping that is only in reference to overnight...I truly hope there are idiots out there that think they can get by with 2 sposies a day...

Quoting Momma2013:

If you go to the packaging, you can actually save a lot of time using sponsors haha. The box says lasts up tp 12 hours I believe I just saw this past weekend. I don't know any cloth diaper maker who would ever advertise that!  ;) I hope they leave you alone, after a while I get sick of hearing people's comments and get snippy and say, "my kid, my choice"

You seem much nicer though. And btw, no ill never leave any child in a wet diaper, no matter the type they should be changed as soon as they're wet or soiled in. But the box really said that. :)

catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Some people need to learn to MYOB! 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

taurusmom88
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Jeesh. Its not like it gonna add that much more laundry. Sime people just don't know how to mind their own business. Its nice that they are offering to buy them, but they still create mass amounts of garbage and aren't good for the environment. I've gotten a mix of encouragement and people saying I'm crazy about cd'ing, I haven't actually started yet. Due in march.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)