Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

prefolds!

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:33 AM
  • 9 Replies

Going to youtube to learn how to use them... what are your favorite folds for newborns?

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
YzmaRocks
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Jelly roll
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lifeforchrist
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:35 AM

http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/

that site lays out everything you could ever want to know about cloth diapers. and i bought my prefolds from them for cheap. They do sizes so you can pick the kind of fit you want for the baby. loove them.

tansyflower
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:39 AM

just a trifold stuffed on the crotch of a cover!  i have never pinned a prefold or used a snappi :)

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:11 PM
We did trifolds in covers no pins or snappi but that was with a five month old never cd a newborn before
kiki2382
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:11 PM
I used the nb bg aio when ds was a nb. Didn't start the pfs until he was about a month old. Then, I just used the nb pfs folded in a thirsties duo size 1 cover.
Mrs.Salz
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:05 PM

This is what I'll be using (also have some wahm covers) and I'm really overwhelmed by all the options and ways to fold them. I've never used prefolds before and it looks really complicated.

Quoting kiki2382:

I used the nb bg aio when ds was a nb. Didn't start the pfs until he was about a month old. Then, I just used the nb pfs folded in a thirsties duo size 1 cover.

schultzal
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:30 AM
I primarily use the newspaper fold. The jelly roll fold didn't contain ebf pop any better for us, and took longer to put on. I have trifolded a few times, but couldn't stand the mess the poo made with the trifold.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kiki2382
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Just try different folds to find what works for you. Just remember that there is no "wrong" way to do it. Experiment a little and if you find something that seems to be working, just go with it. :-) you can always adjust ss needed.

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

This is what I'll be using (also have some wahm covers) and I'm really overwhelmed by all the options and ways to fold them. I've never used prefolds before and it looks really complicated.

Quoting kiki2382:

momonetime
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:39 AM
I like the angel wing fold. I think that's what it's called... Works pretty good at containing EBF poop for us.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)