Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

protien help....

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:51 PM
  • 12 Replies
Meat has been making me sick....just the smell of it makes me want to throw up. Right now all i have in the house is pb and milk. I have a cold, so milk probably isnt best. I also have dried beans, but honestly they dont sound good to me, plus they take time to prepare. Any suggestions?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Quinoa.
Beans and rice.
Mushrooms.
Nongmo tofu
Almonds and other nuts.
Seeds.
Hummus.
Garbonzo beans.
Chili.
Eggs.
Edamame.
Avocado.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Forgot abou the eggs! I have that on hand right now. When i go to the store im getting some of these, thanks for the list!

Quoting jellyphish:

Quinoa.

Beans and rice.

Mushrooms.

Nongmo tofu

Almonds and other nuts.

Seeds.

Hummus.

Garbonzo beans.

Chili.

Eggs.

Edamame.

Avocado.

nikzup03
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Black beans are also great for iron, same with pumpkin seeds :D I haven't been into meat either. The above list is good.
GoodyBrook
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I found some yummy protein shakes at Costco that have 30 grams protein in each 10 ounce shake  (and under 200 calories).  They were a life-saver in late pregnancy when I just couldn't bear to eat another damn egg!  :)

Precious333
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Lol. I actually am going to start with a company that sells protein shakes mads od whole foods (soy based but nongmo soy). I am going to so thar but have to order it.

Quoting GoodyBrook:

I found some yummy protein shakes at Costco that have 30 grams protein in each 10 ounce shake  (and under 200 calories).  They were a life-saver in late pregnancy when I just couldn't bear to eat another damn egg!  :)

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:52 PM

we sautee with butter and garlic garbanzo beans...chilled kidney beans in italian dressing is yummy, egg? make some quiches using cupcake pans...small and quick to eat.

Precious333
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:58 PM
I have been ok with eggs, but they have to be overeasy/overmedium. I have dried beans.....but it doesnt sound good right now....i guess i should try.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

we sautee with butter and garlic garbanzo beans...chilled kidney beans in italian dressing is yummy, egg? make some quiches using cupcake pans...small and quick to eat.

catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Beans, nuts, seeds, avocado..  

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:08 PM

I am not really a fan of eggs.. but I love a good spinach quiche! 

Quoting tabi_cat1023: we sautee with butter and garlic garbanzo beans... chilled kidney beans in italian dressing is yummy, egg? make some quiches using cupcake pans... small and quick to eat.

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

tansyflower
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:08 AM

this is a great source of protein.  i recommend a non-denatured whey protein isolate though....stay away from soy and the "cheap" whey protein because it doesnt absorb well :)

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN