Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Thoughts....

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:11 PM
  • 10 Replies

SO planning a homebirth, we will have a waterbirth using the pool owned by my midwife we just have to buy the hose to fill it and the liner.  We will be putting the pool in our living room..we have a decent sized one.  We also have a couch bed, that has NEVER been used,  mattress is still covered in plastic.  I am considering getting the waterproof mattress cover and have THAT bed pulled out and ready just in case rather than my bed in my bedroom.  My real bed is rather high, no way could I be on my knees like I have seen in friends pictures and lean on my bed...but I could with the couch bed.  What do you think? I think I would like BOTH options..my bed and the couch bed..plus the pool.

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brandy85412
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Sounds like a good plan to me!

illegallyblonde
by Stephany on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Better to keep your options open. I was planning a water birth then ended up having him squatting by my bed. You just never know where you'll end up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:37 PM

See thats what I was thinking...3 options instead of 2

Quoting illegallyblonde:

Better to keep your options open. I was planning a water birth then ended up having him squatting by my bed. You just never know where you'll end up.

Precious333
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Thats a good idea. We didnt have waywrbirths, so i had the bed covered in a plastic shower curtain....and with my third....we needed it!!!
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Yeah I was told shower curtain or get a waterproof mattress pad/cover..theres already plastic still wrapped around the couchbed mattress from it never being used.  Thinking  black sheets so nothing looks awful in pics if I do give birth on the bed lol

Quoting Precious333:

Thats a good idea. We didnt have waywrbirths, so i had the bed covered in a plastic shower curtain....and with my third....we needed it!!!

Precious333
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Lol :) you can also maks some pictures black ans white :-) too bad we dont live closer.....i would take your pictures for you!

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Yeah I was told shower curtain or get a waterproof mattress pad/cover..theres already plastic still wrapped around the couchbed mattress from it never being used.  Thinking  black sheets so nothing looks awful in pics if I do give birth on the bed lol

Quoting Precious333:

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:58 PM

OH MAN that would be awesome, the one real photographer here I dont REALLY like..dont want her around when I am in labor.  The other is military and PCSing in June SIGH

Quoting Precious333:

Lol :) you can also maks some pictures black ans white :-) too bad we dont live closer.....i would take your pictures for you!

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Quoting Precious333:

Precious333
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Who`s taking the pictures then?

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

OH MAN that would be awesome, the one real photographer here I dont REALLY like..dont want her around when I am in labor.  The other is military and PCSing in June SIGH

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Quoting Precious333:

Mrs.Salz
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:08 PM

If it you have it, prep it :)

And I second not counting too heavily on a waterbirth. I attempted one with baby #1 and ended up not using it and was ended the birth feeling really disappointed about something that didn't matter that much.

catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:58 PM

More options are good! 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)