Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SO happy... I may just get the birth I want :):)

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:53 PM
  • 7 Replies
2 moms liked this

I am feeling so blessed right now!!!  I posted a couple days ago about struggling with my lack of options with this pregnancy/birth, and not wanting a hospital birth again.  I have felt this really strong urge to pursue a UC this time (baby #4), which I've never come close to considering in the past.  I just truly felt led to this decision.  I was really concerned about my husband's reaction though, and if he would be supportive and on board with my decision 100%.  I prayed about it this afternoon, and then talked to my husband shortly after.  Without any hesitation or concern, he said we should go for it.  He said that we both know the drill, and he is completely at ease with it if it's what I want for this birth.  I was truly expecting the opposite reaction from him.  I thought for sure he would say no, and not even consider it. 

I couldn't have asked for it to go any better.  A huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders and I truly feel free to have the birth that I want.... At home with just my husband and I, trusting in myself and my God-given abilities as a woman :) 

Anyway, just wanted to share my excitement :)  I have never been so at peace and so excited about birth! 

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Congrats on your decision!

Are you going to have a medical practitioner handle your prenatals, or are you going to do them yourself?

Lurion
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Hooray! Lots of joy your way. 

BaileysMom9
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:28 PM

I've decided I am going to stay with my OB practice and just not say anything about my plans.  I want to have the reassurance of the visits (although still not as often as they typically do) to know that everything is well.  And a bonus to all of this is that we will be saving over $2200 with our decision.  That's huge!  Obviously not my main reason for wanting to stay home, but a definite contributer.  I truly couldn't be happier right now :)

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Congrats on your decision!

Are you going to have a medical practitioner handle your prenatals, or are you going to do them yourself?

kiki2382
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Awesome! Hope everything goes smoothly!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommytotwonow
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:18 PM

when are you do? i can't wait to read about your experience!

VintageWife
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Good luck :)

BaileysMom9
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:50 PM
I'm due July 19TH so still have a bit of time :)

Quoting mommytotwonow:

when are you do? i can't wait to read about your experience!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)