Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Pregnant with flu/just sick?

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:47 AM
  • 5 Replies
I feel HORRIBLE! I have a dr appt with my ob this afternoon and I really feel like crap. I have a bad cough, runny/stuffy nose and am drained of most my energy. I plan on bundling up and sleeping all morning but what else can I do?
I don't want to take drugs but I need to get better, if I go into labor idk if ill have the strength to go through it. I NEED to do it and not get a csection. HELP!
I've also been drinking lots of oj and apple juice. I have no idea what else but I want it to go away.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
FunBetty
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Rest and hydration is the best you can do for yourself. Can you reschedule your OB appt?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Amycapl
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:29 AM

i asked a similar question yesterday... my husband has the flu and i asked for ways to keep healthy. a couple ideas i got from this group were vitamin D and Elderberry tincture that i will be trying.  If you're already sick, you've got the right idea... fruits, veggies and rest rest rest! good luck!

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Elderberry syrup.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Reschedule your appt, stay home, and rest!

Elderberry tincture, garlic, Vit D and C, zinc, lots of healthy foods and sleep.

I've noticed anecdotally that labor tends to hold off until mama is feeling better.

VintageWife
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I agree with Mrs.Salz although I'm guessing your appt won't be easy to reschedule. You'll be at their mercy for appt times just to get in this week or next most likely at this late of notice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN