Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

burned out with BF at the end of pregnancy

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:52 AM
  • 21 Replies

I'm 37 weeks tomorrow, BFing my 23 month old a few times a day and I am totally burned out. To be honest I've never really enjoyed or liked breastfeeding very much, or felt that it's a significant bonding experience for me, and I'm really not looking forward to starting all over again.

I've had a lot of nipple pain and aversion in the last several weeks which I've read should go away pretty fast after birth, but I'm also wondering if I can I expect a renewed "nursing energy" or feel more excited/hormonally connected to breastfeeding the baby once he's born? I can't imagine continuing like this for another two years or more :(

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bloomsr
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:00 AM
You're at the end of your pregnancy- an uncomfortable, stressful, anxious time alone. Add a toddler nursing and I'm sure that adds a whole new level of emotions. Try to go easy on yourself and enter into your newest nursing relationship with an open mind:)

You're almost there mama!!
BlessedMammaof2
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:07 AM
I know how you feel. I'm 24 weeks pregnant and DS is 22 months old.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Awww, that's sad :( What is it about it that you don't like?

cemcnair
by Courtney on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:37 AM
I'm getting there too (34 weeks with a 30 month old nursling). I've noticed that I've been cutting our sessions short :/
I'm just over being touched and generally uncomfortable.
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:46 PM
I don't know that you'll get "renewed energy", but it'll at least go back to being tolerable and probably even more "neutral".I don't know that you'll somehow fall in love with it, but it'll be better after baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rachelrothchild
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I sure hope breastfeeding is a better experience for you this time around.  After getting over our issues, I really liked breastfeeding Adam.  It is harder during pregnancy though.

mommytotwonow
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:23 PM

you are doing great! i am trying to wean my 16 month old because i just found out i'm pregnant. i cant imagine nursing so far into pregnancy.i have been feeling way over touched myself. i am looking forward to the small break. good luck!

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:14 PM
I didnt get energy back and the being ok with nursing til after birth
moroccanmommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Hugs mama
catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:20 PM

This.... and in my experience, things were so much better once the baby was born and I was so glad we were still nursing.  :o) 

Quoting bloomsr: You're at the end of your pregnancy- an uncomfortable, stressful, anxious time alone. Add a toddler nursing and I'm sure that adds a whole new level of emotions. Try to go easy on yourself and enter into your newest nursing relationship with an open mind:) You're almost there mama!!

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)