Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

burned out with BF at the end of pregnancy

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm 37 weeks tomorrow, BFing my 23 month old a few times a day and I am totally burned out. To be honest I've never really enjoyed or liked breastfeeding very much, or felt that it's a significant bonding experience for me, and I'm really not looking forward to starting all over again.

I've had a lot of nipple pain and aversion in the last several weeks which I've read should go away pretty fast after birth, but I'm also wondering if I can I expect a renewed "nursing energy" or feel more excited/hormonally connected to breastfeeding the baby once he's born? I can't imagine continuing like this for another two years or more :(

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Replies (21-21):
Precious333
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:32 AM
I would take it day by day. I enjoyed bfeding until my second trimester is when it hit me hard. I took it day by day, moment ny moment and said no when it really bothered me. When i was pregnant with my second i continued on hopes that after the baby arrived that yhe aversion would go away. I was ok fro about a week and then it started again and i was so worried about not wanting to nurse my newborn. When it got to the point where i could no longer even cuddle witg my toddler and just him slightly touching me made me jump i knew i had to stop.

So basically, your relationship with your nursing toddler is more important than continuing bfeding.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)