Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

11 month old sleep

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:05 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hi everyone I'm a first-time mom. I am a stay-at-home, 22 years old, and my DD will be 11 months in a couple days. I've been trying to get my DD to learn to fell asleep on her own, but she doesn't want to go to bed until around 10 or 11 pm, we are trying to get her used to go to bed by at the latest 9 pm. It's a fight, we get her all ready for bed, give her her bottle, brush her teeth/gums have her say good night to everyone and take her up to bed. The DH and I end up going back up and 3-5 times each (so like 6-10 times) to get her to stop fussing so much, crying or lately she's has starting screaming. I love my babygirl but, I'm more tired now then I was when she was a newborn. When she was that little, she would wake up like once or twice during the night to eat and get changed that go back to sleep. She'd go to bed by between 7-8pm. The older she gets, the harder it is to get her to bed or stay asleep. During the day, she takes 1 or 2 naps, if its 1 nap she will sleep for an hr to and 1.5 hrs if its two naps she will sleep for 15 to 45 mins per nap. Most of the time though she has been taken just an afternoon nap. Any one have any ideas?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:19 AM

What time do you start the bedtime routie? It sounds like shes overtired and having issues falling asleep.  This is also the age they start realizing separation anxiety and basically its a developmental thing.  Have you thought about side carring the crib

trinitysmama33
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:34 AM

she shares a room with me n DH.  when DH redid the basement for us to stay at his parents house after we were married so we could save up money for a place of our own, he made it one bedroom so him and my FIL have been trying to rework out the downstairs to make two rooms instand of one.  So we are sharing the extra bedroom in the upstairs in the house.  

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Quoting trinitysmama33:

she shares a room with me n DH.  when DH redid the basement for us to stay at his parents house after we were married so we could save up money for a place of our own, he made it one bedroom so him and my FIL have been trying to rework out the downstairs to make two rooms instand of one.  So we are sharing the extra bedroom in the upstairs in the house.  

You can side car in your room..often that solves many issues.  Co-sleeping does too,

mjrex87
by Mindy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:37 AM

My DD is also 11 months. I recently switched her from 2 naps a day to 1. That has helped her stay asleep a little longer at night. But she doesn't fall asleep on her own yet. DH rocks her at night and puts her down when she's still barely awake. I do the same for her nap during the day. What time does she get up in the morning? Maybe try waking her up a little earlier and doing just one long nap...maybe she'll be ready for bed sooner?

trinitysmama33
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:53 AM

It depends one the nightn before, but she gets up anywhere from 6am to 9 am

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)