Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Longest you have waited

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:11 AM
  • 46 Replies

Whats the longest into a pregnancy you have waited to announce?

I am 14 weeks today and so far my family still doesnt know lol

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:36 AM
3 moms liked this
11 weeks now and still haven't even told my kids.
I really don't know when I'll tell. I'll probably tell my 14 year old soon since my all day sickness has gotten much worse lately and she must be wondering what the heck is wrong with me being sick & having dizzy passing out spells, lol.
As far as everybody else, idk I'm thinking I'll wait til like 20 weeks just for the shock value!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joyful_mama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:43 AM

With my first I think I was about 15 wks. Dh can't keep a secret, he always gets too excited and spills the beans.

kiki2382
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:44 AM
4 moms liked this
I've never waited. I always spill the beans the day I find out...lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

20 weeks with #1 (and loved it, would totally do it again if I could hide it that long) and 12 weeks with #2 (although we had to tell a few people sooner since I was so sick).

YzmaRocks
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this
8 weeks, second baby. We wanted to wait until Father's Day and tell the grandpas first :)
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:18 AM

My friends and my hubs family already know..though they will all act as though they dont know when I do announce.  My family is not supportive and theres all kinds of complications as to why NOT to tell them too.

I think we will wait til we know the sex

Baby_Avas_Momma
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:20 AM
We told everyone @6 weeks when we got home from our ultrasound. Her heartbeat was strong and healthy and everything was great, plus my mom went and blasted it on her facebook, so we kind of didn't have a choice lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Ohhh, so you mean like post on Facebook kinda thing? I've never done that before at least a few months into it. This time I'm considering just posting a pic of the newborn baby as a way of publicly announcing. Lol. In the past I've told my family a couple of weeks after finding out, but I just don't feel like it this time.

To me "announcing" is telling ANYONE outside of the person who helped create the baby and maybe your kids. If your friends and his family know, then it's announced already, your just hiding it from your family.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

My friends and my hubs family already know..though they will all act as though they dont know when I do announce.  My family is not supportive and theres all kinds of complications as to why NOT to tell them too.

I think we will wait til we know the sex

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Lol hours im horrible and just want to shout it to the world
pinkiebabii
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:38 AM
My mom found out right away when I took the test I drove to her house and was like do you see this? I do and so doesn't.
I didn't tell anyone else until I was 8 weeks but to my surprise, my mom did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)