Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Whats the longest into a pregnancy you have waited to announce?

I am 14 weeks today and so far my family still doesnt know lol

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Replies (11-20):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:52 AM

yeah basically I have not PUBLICLY announced...I have told a people, but kinda made a poit of not telling my family.  I feel bad but at the same time the amount of stress its taken away is amazing lol

Quoting larissalarie:

Ohhh, so you mean like post on Facebook kinda thing? I've never done that before at least a few months into it. This time I'm considering just posting a pic of the newborn baby as a way of publicly announcing. Lol. In the past I've told my family a couple of weeks after finding out, but I just don't feel like it this time.

To me "announcing" is telling ANYONE outside of the person who helped create the baby and maybe your kids. If your friends and his family know, then it's announced already, your just hiding it from your family.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

My friends and my hubs family already know..though they will all act as though they dont know when I do announce.  My family is not supportive and theres all kinds of complications as to why NOT to tell them too.

I think we will wait til we know the sex

larissalarie
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Hey, whatever makes this a positive time for you! It's nothing to feel bad about anyway, but especially since you know they'll be jerk-ish about it that makes it their own fault they're outta the loop.

My family will be fine about the whole thing, it's my issue really.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

yeah basically I have not PUBLICLY announced...I have told a people, but kinda made a poit of not telling my family.  I feel bad but at the same time the amount of stress its taken away is amazing lol

Quoting larissalarie:

Ohhh, so you mean like post on Facebook kinda thing? I've never done that before at least a few months into it. This time I'm considering just posting a pic of the newborn baby as a way of publicly announcing. Lol. In the past I've told my family a couple of weeks after finding out, but I just don't feel like it this time.

To me "announcing" is telling ANYONE outside of the person who helped create the baby and maybe your kids. If your friends and his family know, then it's announced already, your just hiding it from your family.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

My friends and my hubs family already know..though they will all act as though they dont know when I do announce.  My family is not supportive and theres all kinds of complications as to why NOT to tell them too.

I think we will wait til we know the sex

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:00 PM
I always tell my family pretty quickly...thay can always see through me! Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
diamond8
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:09 PM

i told my family right away (i was about 12weeks) but didnt announce to friends and co workers until we found out the sex.

BaileysMom9
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Hey, our due dates are only 2 wks apart!

We waited a long time to tell people with this pregnancy.  My dad and my MIL still don't know lol... and I'll be 16 wks tomorrow. 

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:25 PM

awesome!

Quoting BaileysMom9:

Hey, our due dates are only 2 wks apart!

We waited a long time to tell people with this pregnancy.  My dad and my MIL still don't know lol... and I'll be 16 wks tomorrow. 

JMmama
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:27 PM
I'm 14 weeks today and just told my family a couple of weeks ago. DH's family we told earlier. I've told a few close friends. I won't announce on Facebook until after the anatomy scan.
illegallyblonde
by Stephany on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:41 PM
I told my family at 12 weeks, close friends at 14 weeks and announced to the world via FB at 20 weeks when we knew his gender.
melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Just shy of 5 months with my first.

somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Me too!

Quoting kiki2382:

I've never waited. I always spill the beans the day I find out...lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)